Last FRIDAY morning the sunshine felt like rain

Started by MetalDog, March 01, 2019, 06:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Thanks for the impressions Jason, I'm glad to hear they're positive so far. :)

I'm very tempted to play The Division 2 myself, but I already took part in a previous beta and I don't want to spoil too much for myself.  I have it preordered (first game I've preordered in a long time) and I absolutely cannot wait to dive in in a couple of weeks!

Tuna

Quote from: Moreb on March 02, 2019, 03:14:52 AM
Quotehelped me get into some pretty hot chicks' pants. Even The Wife on occasion

I'm  still trying to figure out why Gus wants to wear women's pants? Is it the cut?

MetalDog

Quote from: Moreb on March 02, 2019, 12:01:15 AM
Is there a better rock than Southern? I think not. And what better band than The Allman Bros. to spread that Southern comfort?

I was going to get the new DLC for HoI4, a game I've stared at but never played, until I realized a new DLC for Mius Front was released today that features for the first time Panthers and on map Nebelwerfer in August '43.

Mind if I expand on the AB? Here is another later release of Warren Hayes song Soulshine. One of the smoothest guitar endings in a song ever. Go ahead and skip to 4:38 if you're impatient.

One of my favorite Allman tunes.  They played it when I saw them back a few years ago.  I was in heaven.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Kushan

Last night and today its mainly been/will be a mix of The Division 2 Open Beta and Subnautica. Did spend some time last night writing part of the mission briefing for my El Dorado Canyon CMANO scenario.

New headset comes in tomorrow. If it arrives early, I'll be spending some time in Prepar3d. If it doesn't arrive until later, I'll catch up on Elite Dangerous.

Quote from: Tripoli on March 01, 2019, 10:03:22 AM
More of my CONUS adventures in a Piper Cub.  Will hopefully get to Corpus Christi by Monday.  Flying through Big Bend NP later today.
https://mutleyshangar.com/forum/index.php?/topic/24789-virtual-grand-tour-of-the-continental-usa-in-a-piper-cub/

Whats your sim of choice?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

Moreb

QuoteOne of my favorite Allman tunes.  They played it when I saw them back a few years ago.  I was in heaven.

And Ain't Wastin' Time No More is one of my favorites. That song encompassed what I love about Southern rock; large bands and a full sound which mixed rock, blues, country, rock-a-billy, and contemporary.

I hate being THAT guy but damnit, we got the Allmans going here

MetalDog

Quote from: Moreb on March 02, 2019, 01:48:56 PM
QuoteOne of my favorite Allman tunes.  They played it when I saw them back a few years ago.  I was in heaven.

And Ain't Wastin' Time No More is one of my favorites. That song encompassed what I love about Southern rock; large bands and a full sound which mixed rock, blues, country, rock-a-billy, and contemporary.

The Allman's informed a lot of my youth.  Been diggin' them for 40 years or so  \m/  I'll give you two more favorites and then we should probably take this down here:

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=4695.0

One of the happiest songs I know.  Always brings me up.

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Moreb

Beautiful^^^^

Quotehttp://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=4695.0

Nice. I never knew. I forget how expansive these forums are.

Tripoli

Quote from: MetalDog on March 02, 2019, 02:20:51 PM

....and then we should probably take this down here:

You missed one:

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Tuna

Can't play that by itself, it needs to be preceded by

That's like breaking up Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Flew with W8t and Tuna today several times (got high score for the Axis on one of my plays); and then I helped W8 get back up to speed (sort of) on WH40K: Dawn of War: Soulstorm. Our final match for the night was a fatal slog, though: we were in a linear match against Chaos Marines backed by Dark Eldar, and perhaps because I was in front as the Imperial Guard we got STRAIGHT MURDERED.

I mean, I was destroying both enemy teams a lot faster than they were killing off me, but the difference was that I couldn't make any progress while they could slowly cap points around me. I had a bad feeling at that point we were going to lose! -- and my bad feeling was correct. The computer just outplayed us -- and they were on standard, with no buffs. In hindsight, I should have pushed ahead to the middle relic point and captured it to start making an advance base there. The enemy would have flanked me into my central base, I suppose, although by then I might have had tank and arty support to guard my base (if not the Baneblade tank yet).

The good news, such as it is, is that after repairing a few corrupted files (CHAOS!!  :pullhair: ) we were also able to get the Ultimate Apocalypse mod to work on W8t's computer, so we'll be getting murdered by whole other nightmares tomorrow!  :D

Anyone is welcome to join in, of course; we'll be on the Grogheads Discord channel somewhere for voice chat.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!