UK Leaving the EU?

Started by BanzaiCat, June 22, 2016, 07:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Can I be Minister of Inertia? My doctor says I need to get more rest.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 25, 2016, 02:06:56 PM

Make sure everyone gets their proper mid day nap.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bob48

I'm good with all of that, plus we need Windy as Minister of the Environment.

The National Anthem would have to be this;

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

I'm down with all of that as long as I get to be a member of the peerage as a useless and decadent aristocrat. Not much point in being an empire if I can't do that.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bob48

Quote from: panzerde on June 25, 2016, 03:54:29 PM
I'm down with all of that as long as I get to be a member of the peerage as a useless and decadent aristocrat. Not much point in being an empire if I can't do that.

I think that describes the requirements perfectly well. You're in!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Boggit

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 25, 2016, 02:06:56 PM
Be my guest, but there is another vacancy in the Ministry of Silly Walks, previously overseen by the Rt. Hon Montgomery Python MP. ;D Your choice. ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

I want to be a pr0n director. Nothing to do with your discussion, I'm just saying.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2016, 05:26:35 PM
I want to be a pr0n director. Nothing to do with your discussion, I'm just saying.
We'll make you the Director of State Morality. That'll give you a bit more scope. ;D ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Quote from: Boggit on June 24, 2016, 01:24:28 PM
Sounds great. Arrange the ships and we'll set up some cool drinks on the verandah for you... ;D

On the lips would be fine.

...wait, are we still doing the hot empress joke? I've lost some track of the topics...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant

while this is now a bit late, it was damned funny

[yt]https://youtu.be/iAgKHSNqxa8[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

I'll take Sec. of Culture. GREY POUPON FOR EVERYONE! What's the salary Mr. PM?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

EU Referendum Local Results 2016 vs. Mad Cow Disease Outbreak Areas 1992

However, it would be a mistake to jump to conclusions.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Anguille

This is the guy you need now  ;)

Boggit

besilarius

How does Boris for Emperor sound?
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.