Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacticalWargames

sandman2575

Maybe I'm alone here, but I'm finding it hard not to have a pretty cynical reaction to "news" about Mius Front at this point.

Tim Stone did a "Whatever Happened to X?" edition of Flare Path at RPS a week or two ago, in which Mius Front was rightly included. I think Tim said that Andrey "hoped Mius Front would release in 2016."

I know Graviteam likes to play it close to the vest in terms of how it interacts with its Anglophone community (to put it kindly), but c'mon. "Hopefully in 2016"??

I'd love for Mius Front to become a reality. But at this point, I'm firmly in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp...

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

TacticalWargames

Looking great..but I do hope it gets released this year.

Boggit

Beautiful shots. Graviteam produce some lovely artwork with their games. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Asid

Quote from: Boggit on January 30, 2016, 06:15:41 PM
As well as great attention to detail and immersion :)
War in Pieces

Pinetree

I would absolutely love it if it went WEGO with replays.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Asid on January 30, 2016, 08:05:52 PM
Quote from: Boggit on January 30, 2016, 06:15:41 PM
As well as great attention to detail and immersion :)

And the "interesting" take on the English language.

Asid

War in Pieces

IronX

Yeah, that's how you do damage. Take note, BFC.

sandman2575

I look at the screenies of Mius Front and they're all very nice -- but it also looks pretty much indistinguishable from Operation Star -- especially the summer '42 Fall Blau scenario. Yeah, PzIIIJs... reskinned, but we've seen 'em before.  The IS tank destroyers are nice addition, but no radical departures here...

I know Graviteam has been revamping the battle mechanics and UI, but it's not like they're promising a huge leap forward with this game. Which raises the question -- what on earth is taking so long?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 31, 2016, 02:31:31 PM
I look at the screenies of Mius Front and they're all very nice -- but it also looks pretty much indistinguishable from Operation Star -- especially the summer '42 Fall Blau scenario. Yeah, PzIIIJs... reskinned, but we've seen 'em before.  The IS tank destroyers are nice addition, but no radical departures here...

I know Graviteam has been revamping the battle mechanics and UI, but it's not like they're promising a huge leap forward with this game. Which raises the question -- what on earth is taking so long?

I've often wondered the very same thing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Asid

Quote from: sandman2575 on January 31, 2016, 02:31:31 PM
Hi

From what I know. Graviteam are a small team of around 5 people. They have done a lot of work to SABOW since the new version in March 2015. They have also been working on Operation star and producing patches. I know they have produced simulators for the army and this might be eating into their time also.

They are constantly working and a lot has been done on Mius. Graviteam have an attention for detail so this can slow things down.

They will release it when they feel it is ready. Which cannot be too soon for most :)

Regards
War in Pieces

sandman2575

You are a model of patience and understanding, Asid. I should strive to follow your example.  O:-)

I know things are not exactly a waltz in the park in Ukraine these days -- I need to remind myself of that when it comes to Graviteam.

Still, the nagging sense that we're being strung along with Mius Front gets under my skin. I just wish they'd commit to a release date -- a realistic one, even if it's in 2017.  (Although the idea that this may not release in 2016 is hard to stomach.)

RyanE

I'll say the same thing I say about BFC, if its taking that long, make smaller chunks.  You have obviously bitten off more than you can chew.  Scale it back a little.  This is how companies like BFC and Graviteam end up behind the eight ball in supporting new OS and hardware.  If it takes years to develop, you won't keep up.