Update of AH's Guns of August - Compass Game's Empires and Alliances

Started by ArizonaTank, February 09, 2018, 05:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Rob Beyma, the designer of the original AH Guns of August, is releasing an update of his venerable game.  This time the publisher is Compass Games, and the title is "Empires and Alliances".

Personally, I am looking forward to this one and will be a day one buy for me.

Compass says the release date is Feb 22.  In my experience with Compass they hit their publish dates with laser precision.

Compass' site for this game is at:
https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/empires-and-alliances.html 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 09, 2018, 05:20:11 PM
Rob Beyma, the designer of the original AH Guns of August, is releasing an update of his venerable game.  This time the publisher is Compass Games, and the title is "Empires and Alliances".

Personally, I am looking forward to this one and will be a day one buy for me.

Compass says the release date is Feb 22.  In my experience with Compass they hit their publish dates with laser precision.

Compass' site for this game is at:
https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/empires-and-alliances.html

Just in time to celebrate the centennial of the final offensives on the Western Front.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Crossroads

Now there's a classic worthy of a resurrection, and with the original author as well  :notworthy:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bayonetbrant

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 09, 2018, 05:20:11 PMIn my experience with Compass they hit their publish dates with laser precision.

Mainly b/c they're smart enough to not release a publishing date w/o knowing they'll hit it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

I appreciate the need to clarify you get one box and lid set.