Main Menu

Mumps

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, February 25, 2017, 07:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

So, it seems the mumps have made a comeback (god damned hipsters and their stupid fascination with retro everything) and I've got them.  I guess the inoculation I got in elementary school wasn't enough.  Damn it, if I'm going to get an old timey disease, I want the vapours or consumption, not mumps.

Staggerwing

Mumps in adults can lead to some serious complications, including meningitis. Take care of yourself.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

dude...  please feel better soon
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

The kissing disease!  You old dog, you!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Quote from: Toonces on February 25, 2017, 09:07:09 PM

That would be Mono(nucleosis), not Mumps. Also not good to get as an Adult.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

::)

Guys haven't seen a lot of the Simpsons I guess...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: Toonces on February 25, 2017, 09:18:19 PM
::)

Guys haven't seen a lot of the Simpsons I guess...

Well, Lisa was the one who got the mumps and Homer didn't call her an "old dog" :P

Barthheart

That sucks man. Musta been all that crappy weather Vancouver got this year.

Get better soon.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nothing a little vodka won't cure.

Sir Slash

That's the spirit SDR. Don't let them mumps get you down. Could be worse, you could have the 'humps' disease. You kinda get that one by kissing.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Feel better, SDR.

Quote from: mirth on February 25, 2017, 09:10:29 PM
Quote from: Toonces on February 25, 2017, 09:07:09 PM

That's mono.

I had mono when I was 19.  It put me on my ass for three weeks and still feeling it six weeks out.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MikeGER

Get well soon SDR  \m/