The Tuesday Interview - Steve Jackson

Started by bayonetbrant, July 18, 2017, 08:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on July 18, 2017, 08:56:54 AM
Not one mention of GURPS.  :(

we were limited on how much we could ask him without wearing out our welcome :-\
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

I figured as much. Reading the interview you get the feeling that it's one of those 'he's walking away while you're talking' interviews.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: bbmike on July 18, 2017, 09:01:19 AM
I figured as much. Reading the interview you get the feeling that it's one of those 'he's walking away while you're talking' interviews.  :buck2:

bbmike:
We got the interview because I talked with him quite a bit at LibertyCon.  He said he would do an interview, as long as it did not run into a short story.  I came up with a list of questions and the list was batted around the writers group.  This is what we came up with.

Why no GURPS questions?  I don't play GURPS and probably none of the other writers do currently.  My RPG right now is Call of Cthulhu.  I do play Munchkin and Ogre.  Others play CarWars.

We probably should have asked about GURPS - but it never crossed my mind.  His company is currently working on Munchkin and Car Wars products.  He did not mention anything about GURPS in his "Whats New With Steve Jackson Games" session at LibertyCon.  He discussed at least a dozen products, but nothing about GURPS.

Hope this answers your concerns.  The interview was very broad and covered a lot of ground.  Steve did give me a 6 hour turnaround on the interview questions.

bbmike

Quote from: airboy on July 18, 2017, 09:19:19 AM
...He did not mention anything about GURPS in his "Whats New With Steve Jackson Games" session at LibertyCon.  He discussed at least a dozen products, but nothing about GURPS.

Yeah, this is what led me to say what I did. GURPS has been all but thrown away by SJ. I get that they are making money from other products (ie, Munchkin) but it sucks that GURPS gets no more love. Maybe one day. I was in no way complaining about the interview itself. In fact, it was cool to see that you were able to get one.  O0

Also, sorry I missed you at Origins. We probably walked right by each other and didn't even know it.  ;D
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

I'm planning to attend Origins next year.  See you then.   O0