"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0400, 20th October 1806!

I knew this night would not be a quiet one...

Two hours until dawn.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0500, 20th October 1806!

ONE HOUR UNTIL DAWN!!!

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

It's been nearly a year and a half.

We've seen much and done much.

The 20th of October promises to be BIG.

So, to all commanders, morning orders, please!

If you have questions, please ask them.

If you need clarification, please request it.

You've all put in so much -- and this has been so very much fun -- I want to be sure that, if it ends here,. that it ends very well indeed.

ORDERS, gentlemen!

JasonPratt

I think my orders are in by now, but just in case:

I'll have a three-egg salted omelet, no cheese, but add bacon and ham and mushrooms. Well-done. Those waffly things from Belgium, too: I'll make a sandwich (as the English like to call it) from the omelet and the waffles.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Hatricvs

This doesn't bode well ... What did I miss...did something happen? Or is it that the Russians have finally arrived on the field of battle? Oh well let's wait until the morrow to see how the dice shall fall!

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0600, 20th October 1806!

Dawn.

Last chance for 0600 orders and I will be moving this sucker once the machine starts to turn so get your orders/inquiries in and get both hands on the gunwales.

It stands likely to get a bit rocky...

JasonPratt

YOU ARE SPOILING OUR COMING NAVAL BOMBARDMENT!!  :pullhair:

(I feel like I should add for visitors to the thread, that's a joke, we're super-inland. And not near any rivers big enough to float gunboats on. So far as anyone knows.  ^-^ )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Pinetree

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 09, 2018, 08:21:14 AM
YOU ARE SPOILING OUR COMING NAVAL BOMBARDMENT!!  :pullhair:

(I feel like I should add for visitors to the thread, that's a joke, we're super-inland. And not near any rivers big enough to float gunboats on. So far as anyone knows.  ^-^ )

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since...
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Cyrano

Having spent a portion of the weekend introducing my son to Gilliam's Baron Munchhausen, ^^^ is near indescribably funny.

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0700, 20th October 1806!

Well, let's see...

I just called on Dr. Rouy (he's an honest-to-goodness M.D.) for a second consult.

I just delivered a missive sent on Valentine's Day.

Par for the course.

Hatricvs

Don't know if any of you are interested but there is a new game available which covers our campaign game. It is called NAPOLEON 1806 by Shakos in France. Looks to be a Euro-Wargame hybrid, nice looking production and looks like it might be of interest...I have just recently ordered a copy....only two player though! Check it out!

Barthheart

Quote from: Hatricvs on April 12, 2018, 01:47:12 AM
Don't know if any of you are interested but there is a new game available which covers our campaign game. It is called NAPOLEON 1806 by Shakos in France. Looks to be a Euro-Wargame hybrid, nice looking production and looks like it might be of interest...I have just recently ordered a copy....only two player though! Check it out!

Linky?

Cyrano

http://grogheads.com/interviews/13736

Entirely possible somebody on some  website's front page wrote an article about it months ago...

Canadians...

Hatricvs

Quote from: Cyrano on April 12, 2018, 07:02:19 AM
http://grogheads.com/interviews/13736

Entirely possible somebody on some  website's front page wrote an article about it months ago...

Canadians...

Nice...I missed this review/interview so thank you for the read....really looking forward to getting hold of a copy soon; I'll be able to endlessly replay all of my planning errors whilst I cry into my German beer...well that'll be if the French let me have any wherever the exile me to!

panzerde

Waiting for my copy to arrive. Shakos is also working on a game covering the 1807 Eylau-Friedland campaign.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres