"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 1200, 16th October 1806!

I wish to say so much and cannot.

Kriegsspiel is awesome...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 1400, 16th October 1806!

Mercy.

Sakes.

Alive.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

JasonPratt

Mental note to pass along some information to Aug and a couple of other people tonight, earlier than my usual dispatches.  :coolsmiley:  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Cyrano

Pinetree

How many days do we have left? Or is there no set time?
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Cyrano

No strict time limit.

As indicated in the briefings -- which I will grant were distributed nearly one year ago  :o -- the French goal is destroying the Prussian army and making its way to Berlin and the Prussian goal remains preventing that from happening.

I reserve the right to decide that the matter has, erm, been decided, but I hope never to be one of those refs that denies an honorable combatant the dignity of a standing eight count.

dom

Quote from: Cyrano on September 08, 2017, 08:47:27 AM
.... but I hope never to be one of those refs that denies an honorable combatant the dignity of a standing eight count.

So, as long as one is but a little "groggy", the fight will continue.  :)

Sorry. couldn't resist the boxer-grognard pun.

Seriously...that we have been going on for nearly a  year, and are still going at it, is impressive.

Cyrano

Seriously...that we have been going on for nearly a  year, and are still going at it, is impressive.
[/quote]

QFT.  Some of the best moments have come late in the game.  Although a few others have left me rifling back through my very large stack of notes making sure I remember what happened last year...

Hatricvs

Been playing nearly a year now and am still yet to fire a single shot at the Frenchies....maybe that's because I am sat comfortably in my chair in central Berlin....occasionally I look out of my window but still see no Frenchies charging down the street...but I know it's coming and there shall be a cost to pay!

Iconoclast

Hello Everyone!

Did anyone of you wrote a report from his point of view, and maybe published that on his blog or somewhere?

I am intrigued, but it is quite hard to make sense of this as an "outsider"

Cheers;

A
Wer seinen Kinderglauben sich bewahrt, in einer reinen und unbefleckten Brust, und gegen das Gelächter einer Welt zu leben wagt, wie er als Kind geträumt, - bis auf den letzten Tag: Das ist ein Mann!

James Sterrett

Barthheart may have done so somewhere; otherwise I suspect not... in the interests of operational security nobody wants to spill anything to the enemy; and in the interests of playing-by-the-rules, we can't talk to each other unless the umpire wills it.   :)

Barthheart

James is correct, dasturdly Frog that he is, I did start writing a diary of my (mis)adventures here:
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17976.0
Unfortunately it's a tad out of date, but I hope it gives you a taste of what we're up to.