"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 05, 2017, 07:50:41 AM
Allow me to pat myself on the back for not adding to more of the dispatches yet before sunrise!  <:-)

(...hideous and indefensible procrastination, repurposed into charity: achieved.)

Ditto in all cases...  :P

Also too busy killing Germans in Poland...  >:D

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on June 04, 2017, 10:04:16 PM
Game Time Is: 0700, 15th October 1806!

And with that I have sent my 400th dispatch.

Nothing quite like having the dispatch sent 11 hours before finally arrive.  How did these men make war...

Hence my recent points to you concerning C&C in JTS Napoleonics. It is hard to move troops prior to the Industrial Revolution. It is even tougher to keep them supplied. And you get to do all of this without much of a staff at all.

Consider for a second just how many horses and oxen alone each one of our columns requires...and then think about fodder just for the animals, never mind food for the troops. It's mind boggling.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Cyrano

While it would be false in matters of battle, even sham battle, to say "better late than never", please, if you've orders, send them in.  It's why I've not flown the clock ahead.

@panzerde:  Well, consider that the tactical battles are a bit of positioning and a handful of dice...OK, a lot of positioning and peering at the main map, but you take my point.  That said, "Flight" vol. III includes that sort of logistics stuff and makes the unaware marshal pay for it.  I love it in concept, but fear it would make my head explode.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Current marching orders this morning, set up last night (with adjustments as previously noted), still stand. I just haven't sent out newspapers to my crew updating them on what various friends are doing -- being the chief gossipmonger is largely my role.  <:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on June 05, 2017, 07:52:28 AM
Also too busy killing Germans in Poland...  >:D

I would be miffed if (a) some of that wasn't my own fault; and (b) it wasn't so hilariously awesome.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 0900, 15th October 1806!

Ooooh, see what happened there.

TWO hours' progress!

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 1000, 15th October 1806!

JasonPratt

I see that my inexcusable procrastination strategy of not sending out more couriers yet with newspapers for my corps marshals, has paid off with more forward progress this weekend!  :bd:

(Uh... peasant network rumors indicate things are going fine for the French everywhere, so keep to the current variations of the overall Plan.)

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 1100, 15th October 1806!

Wanted to get one more turn processed before the road opens to Origins and I get to hang out with the better part of half the people fighting this out.

The weedier half, mind, but half nonetheless...

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

panzerde

Quote from: Cyrano on June 13, 2017, 10:10:52 PM
Game Time Is: 1100, 15th October 1806!

Wanted to get one more turn processed before the road opens to Origins and I get to hang out with the better part of half the people fighting this out.

The weedier half, mind, but half nonetheless...

Marshal Davout, mon ami, I believe he refers to us. Here, let us enjoy more of this wine and contemplate his imminent pantsing on the ramparts of Château d'Kickass.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

Whereas, as always, I am stuck here at work. Although I am grateful to have work to be stuck at!  O:-)

Speaking of being stuck here at work (where some of my materials for this game don't exist)... who is Klein? Not one of my corps commanders, so I presume a divisional commander? I received a note from him through Control.

(I mean, I suppose I'll find out tonight when I get home, and perhaps get around to sending out the news digest, but I thought I'd ask while I was here.)

Duke of Earl

Hi Jason- Klein is the leader of a cavalry division under command of Marshal Bernadotte. Murat loaned him to me. Cheers. David :-[

JasonPratt

Oh! -- yes, I totally forgot to check up on that since posting.  :-[

So was that message actually from you via Klein? It seemed to be directly from Cyrano via Klein, and I couldn't process why that would be happening.

Cyrano

Reasons.

There are reasons.

If you "ask" him via secure channels, he will respond.

Actually, the courier will.