"Feeling Old" 2017 Edition

Started by mirth, January 24, 2017, 12:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

She sure looks happy about it. Hope she doesn't get a bad back from lugging that thing around.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on May 22, 2017, 09:28:40 AM
...what does 'stereo' mean?

It's kind of like 'Binaural', but for folks without expensive headphones.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Crazy Girl

You guys are going to kill me. I've never actually seen an 8-track. I want to.
(Is it to or too? This concept eludes me. I looked it up and I'm still confused..)
I looked it up online... went from on thing to the next... Beta Max??? Wth?
There was a video tape format war???  ;D And VHS won???
Anyways, I found a bunch of cassette tapes and made myself a lamp...

MetalDog

It's to.  Too means also.
Good to see some younger folks here at GH.
Makes me feel old.  I should start a thread about it.
I probably won't though.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on May 22, 2017, 07:04:37 PM
I probably won't though.

Take a nap. It'll be okay old timer.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on May 22, 2017, 07:43:11 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 22, 2017, 07:04:37 PM
I probably won't though.

Take a nap. It'll be okay old timer.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

hUH?!  What?  GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!!!  And take your f-ing dog with you, too!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Crazy Girl

Quote from: MetalDog on May 22, 2017, 09:55:53 PM
hUH?!  What?  GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!!!  And take your f-ing dog with you, too!

I can't wait to get old so I can yell the most asinine comments to my neighbors.
Oh wait, I already do... between my neighbor climbing rooftops to play his guitar, and my roommate butchering legendary rock songs with his horrible guitar skills, I defend my loud outbursts in my funny little accent... I can curse you in multiple languages but the quickest transfer of knowledge is a pop to the side of the head. So the real question is when can I start popping people upside their head for being idiots?

Sir Slash

Remember the pure joy the first time you realized you could re-wind and freeze frame the naked women scenes with the VHS machine? Over and over? Until the tape broke from over re-winding? Then..... :pullhair:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Quote from: Crazy Girl on May 22, 2017, 10:06:29 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 22, 2017, 09:55:53 PM

I can't wait to get old so I can yell the most asinine comments to my neighbors.
Oh wait, I already do... between my neighbor climbing rooftops to play his guitar, and my roommate butchering legendary rock songs with his horrible guitar skills, I defend my loud outbursts in my funny little accent... I can curse you in multiple languages but the quickest transfer of knowledge is a pop to the side of the head. So the real question is when can I start popping people upside their head for being idiots?

Once your children get old enough that you realize they are idiots.  Followed closely by the realization that you are the idiot that taught them.

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd