Outlaw King - Robert the Bruce. Coming to theatres Nov and Netflix. Looks ok.

Started by Destraex, August 20, 2018, 09:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

I visited Edinburgh Castle and got to see what wielding a broadsword was like. Those dudes had some serious upper body strength.

This does look interesting.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Destraex

Quote from: bob48 on August 22, 2018, 08:14:10 AM
No, but I live about 30-odd miles from the Scottish Border and only 120 miles from Edinburgh  ;D

Aye.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Staggerwing

No, but I live about 30-odd miles from the Scottish Border and only 120 miles from Edinburgh  ;D

How odd are those miles?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

I think in Britain they only count the 'odd' miles not the 'even' ones so, probably 60 miles together. And, 'as the crow flies'. Have you ever watched a crow fly? The only time they fly in a straight line is when they're aiming to shit on a freshly washed vehicle or my pool. Don't even get me started on, 'when the cows come home'.  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 23, 2018, 07:05:21 PM

How odd are those miles?

They are pretty odd, no question about it.

'Clip those corners'