Just been to see...

Started by JudgeDredd, January 15, 2018, 05:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

...The Shape of Water.

Not sure I could recommend it to anyone here. I liked it but it was - well, odd.

Captured the period very well mind.
Alba gu' brath

MetalDog

And which period would that be?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I thought the same thing by watching the trailers. Wait for Netflix. I'm beginning to think the same about, "12 Strong". A fantastic true story but the trailers look like Hollywood's stolen it and turned it into a new Indiana Jones. Hoping I'm very wrong about this.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Thank you, sir.  Heard a bit about this and thought I would remember it for when it hit Netflix.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Hofstadter

Not enough explicit lizard sex.

Sad!
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Sir Slash

Thought the movie looked 'fishy' to me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 15, 2018, 11:59:46 PM
Thought the movie looked 'fishy' to me.
lol

On the scale of 1 to 10, I'd give 6.5
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

Saw it today as I'm trying to kill time before my flight.  Well made and I liked the look of it but I don't think I'd recommend it.  Apart from the main character who I liked, I felt everyone else was just a cliche.  Sassy black woman sidekick?  Check.  Sympathetic, musical loving gay friend who's oppressed for being gay?  Check.  Ignorant, war-mongering general who only knows how to destroy?  Check.  Upstanding, patriotic family-man who's actually a twisted, racist, hate-filled sexual abuser and the movie's real monster? Check. Scientist who has a crisis of conscience over the treatment of the critter (oh and he's also a communist)?  Check.

As an aside, the opening credits were very remeniscent of Bioshock.  Del Toro should make that a movie.

Sir Slash

Sir Slash

"Resident Evil: The Final Chapter". Watched it on Showtime this weekend and what an average effort it was. RE Has been my go-to zombie-killing series favorite since the first movie came out. All of them have been good, the previous one was excellent with lots of well-staged fights, hot zombie-killing chicks, and lots and lots of zombies. This one finishes the series with a bum rush to kill-off all the villians and then throw an ending at you. Worse yet, the ending teases perhaps more films to come. I hope not. It's time to shoot this series in it's slow lumbering head and make it stay dead for good. My 2 cents.

bbmike

Quote from: Hofstadter on January 15, 2018, 08:16:22 PM
Not enough explicit lizard sex.

Sad!

For some reason this reminded me of a Trump tweet.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak