HURRICANE Official Trailer (2018) Iwan Rheon War Movie HD

Started by Destraex, February 08, 2018, 05:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Was there really an American in 303 squadron? Or perhaps I have the accent wrong. Is this perhaps a Canadian accent? It looks very similar to another movie called "a dark blue world". Except instead of Czechs its poles. Either way I love Hurricanes, maybe even more than spits. They kind of look like early mustangs to me with that underslung intake. Lets hope their is more dog fighting, good deep scripting and less love crap. A dark blue world was 1/3 love crap, 1/3 living and training in England, some other random stuff then only a few basic flying scenes. I think dark blue workd has a "get off the grass" scene. Every movie set on an enlgish airfield needs one of those. I think bob had one as well?

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Windigo

copied from Wikipedia

Squadron Leader R G Kellett DSO DFC Original CO of 303 Sqn during the Battle of Britain, (five claims)
Flight Lieutenant John A. Kent, Canadian Flight commander during the Battle, (11 claims)
Sgt Josef František, Czech pilot flying with 303 Polish Squadron, was one of the top fighter pilots of the Battle of Britain, with 17 confirmed kills.
Flying Officer Witold Urbanowicz, Polish commander of 303 Squadron from 5 September 1940, scored 15 kills during the Battle of Britain (17 or 19 + 1 + 0 total)
Pilot Officer Jan Zumbach, commander of 303 Squadron from 19 May 1942, scored 8 kills during the Battle of Britain (12 1/3 + 5 + 1 total)

list of pilots of No. 303 Polish "Kościuszko" Fighter Squadron

Tadeusz Andruszków | Zenon Bartkowiak | Henryk Bieniek | Marian Bełc | Michał Brzezowski | Arsen Cebrzyński | Jan Daszewski | Mirosław Ferić | Athol Forbes | Josef František | Paweł Gallus | Bogdan Grzeszczak | Adam Foinski| Eugeniusz Horbaczewski | Wojciech Januszewicz | Józef Kania | Stanisław Karubin | John Kent | Bronisław Kłosin | Wojciech Kołaczkowski | Tadeusz Kołecki | Jan Kowalski | Henryk Karasinski W/O Srgt 1940 -1945. | Karol Krawczyński | Bogusław Mierzawa | Włodzimierz Miksa | Tadeusz Opulski | Jan Palak | Jerzy Palusiński | Ludwik Witold Paszkiewicz | Edward Paterek | Stanisław Pietraszkiewicz | Marian Pisarek | Mieczysław Popek | Jerzy Radomski | Jan Rogowski | Aleksander Rokitnicki | Tadeusz Sawicz | Henryk Skowron | Bronislaw Sikora | Antoni Siudak | Stanisław Socha | Józef Stasik Wladyslaw Raubo | Eugeniusz Szaposznikow | Mirosław Wojciechowski[34] | Stefan Wojtowicz | Kazimierz Wunsche | Stanisław Zdanowski | Edward W. Martens | Witold A. Herbst | Bronislaw Zborowski
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

BanzaiCat

I think the only Americans in the RAF were recruited first into the French air force and then later about a dozen or two volunteered to stay on in the RAF after France gave up. They had "Eagle Squadrons" that started forming late during the Battle of Britain and were eventually absorbed by the Eighth Air Force, I think, much later on. I didn't know there were any Westerners in 303 though.

Staggerwing

Ben Affleck flew with the RAF dontcha know?

Then he blew up Tokyo. Josh Harnett helped.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Destraex

ok. Cool. So that's a Canadian accent. Sometimes I can tell and sometimes I can't.

Staggerwing

No worries. It's not as if Americans and Canadians can tell the difference between Aussie and Kiwi accents either.  ;)

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Silent Disapproval Robot

Destraex

Silent Disapproval Robot

JasonPratt

We always post the invitations in code. On the front page.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 09, 2018, 12:51:12 PM
We always post the invitations in code. On the front page.

That way no one ever gets invited.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Sir Slash

I've tried several times to find the Front Page. I even once started at the Back Page and worked my way forward. But I never got any further than the page with Braynt's baby pictures on it. At least I think that's Braynt's baby pictures. Or else someone's naked pictures of Mickey Rooney.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.