Bloom County 2015

Started by besilarius, July 12, 2015, 02:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Truly happy to see this back.

I really hope he hangs strong because some of the stuff he did in the 80s was pretty brutal. This day and age isn't as tolerant as it was (funny how society says tolerance is such an important thing and yet...). Hopefully he sticks to his guns and brutalizes many.  O0

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 15, 2015, 09:15:05 PM
:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Truly happy to see this back.

I really hope he hangs strong because some of the stuff he did in the 80s was pretty brutal. This day and age isn't as tolerant as it was (funny how society says tolerance is such an important thing and yet...). Hopefully he sticks to his guns and brutalizes many.  O0

+1 Having Bloom County back is one of the best things to happen in a very long time. I hope he raises a little hell with this election cycle.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

besilarius

Not to mention Senator Bedfellow and the Imperialistic War Monkeys.
(Sounds like a Kickstarter design.)
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

mirth

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Staggerwing

I'm feeling better already.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

BanzaiCat

So, is he just publishing these on his FB page? I saw 'em there. Is he not doing these in newspaper? Gawd, it's been years since I've cracked a newspaper to read the comics.  8)

Staggerwing

More better if he does throw them out there free-range style.

mirth

AFAIK, he's only doing them through his FB page. I think he wants to avoid the schedule and deadlines that would come with a syndication deal.

I think this is my favorite so far

mirth

BanzaiCat

I dig this stuff, but I hope he takes on targets more controversial than Trump eventually. Trump's kind of an easy target, though I recall him raking Trump over the coals back in the day too.  ;D

mirth

He has long lampooned Trump, so it's a natural re-entry point for him. I agree though, I also hope he moves into new territory. 2015 is a target-rich environment.