Director of (currently) 4th highest grossing film ever now set to direct Aquaman

Started by JasonPratt, June 10, 2015, 10:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Reasonably legit! (Keeping in mind the weird southern trucker version of Maine's Arthur Curry.)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: jamus34 on July 23, 2018, 01:11:29 PM
Meh.  I was more impressed with the Shazam trailer.

Saw that, too, but wasn't sure where to post it. A very different take on the character (of Batson/Marvel), not sure I like it. I mean, I understand it, just not sure I like it. Was that the Rock as the wizard, too? (Seems clearly not the Rock as the bald villain who can take a punch, not sure who it was supposed to be from DC's roster. Presumably not Black Adam revealed yet.)

Pretty happy, however, with Freddie... uh, last name, mind went blank, the best friend who will pick up Cap's powers as a sidekick eventually.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

BEHOLD! -- we now live in an alternate universe where Aquaman is not only the highest grossing DCEU film (and on the way to be the highest grossing DC film so far), but which looks on track to beat out the most recent main Star Wars entry.

I wish to thank whoever squandered their monkey's paw finger on this, because as a fan of Peter David's Aquaman revanch from the 90s, this is just about the best we could have hoped for (though Aquaman was never a backwoods dude-bro.  :hide: Still, that leaves room for character growth I guess. It's basically a Conan story after all.)

Sir Slash

My Son-In-Law and step-Daughter went Ga-Ga crazy over it. I haven't seen it but the reviews have been good, the ones I've seen anyway. I kind of discounted it as there was nobody talking about it here.  :o  Maybe I can talk the wife into a 3-D matinee.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

acctingman

Saw it yesterday. For a DC movie it was mediocre. Too many one liners and while I know it's a comic book movie it was way over the top. Crammed way too much in 2+ hours.

Saw the new Spider-Man animated movie. A work of genius. Most of the time I forgot it was an animated movie. Top 5 Comic book movie for me and it's geared toward kids/families, but it was so well done.

DC needs to get out of the movie business. They keep shitting themselves. Wonder Woman is the only decent things they've sharted out in the last 5 years.

DoctorQuest

It was fun but I agree it was way too over the top.

Also agree on Spider-verse. That was a great movie. Go see it. Now.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

Interesting, just by look, I would have reversed the rankings. I think Aquaman might appeal to a younger viewing group. Thanks for the input.  O0