The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

GOG has a decent sale on Slitherine games right now.  Titles include the Order of Battle series, and nice steep discounts on both WITE & WITW.  The new SC:WW1 is half-off as well.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20200122_slitherine_war_games?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=20200122_nl_midweek_sale_EN&utm_term=EN&track_click=1&link_id=B_section_CTA
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

FlickJax

Cheers think I am one dlc short on Order of Battle.... have War in East but scared to play it so even more scared to buy war in the west ;)

Tuna

Quote from: Martok on January 23, 2020, 03:27:15 AM
GOG has a decent sale on Slitherine games right now.  Titles include the Order of Battle series, and nice steep discounts on both WITE & WITW.  The new SC:WW1 is half-off as well.

https://www.gog.com/promo/20200122_slitherine_war_games?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=20200122_nl_midweek_sale_EN&utm_term=EN&track_click=1&link_id=B_section_CTA

I think that's the 'older' version of WWI, where it says 'classic'

Gusington

Order of Battle is the bees knees.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Lunar New Year Sale on Steam today, btw!

I picked up a bunch cheap DLC for something or other. Don't recall what, it's the principle of the thing. CAPITALISM, HO!

(I own Recetear, but haven't played it. I remember the slogan, though. That's market positioning!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: Tuna on January 23, 2020, 07:53:19 AM
Quote from: Martok on January 23, 2020, 03:27:15 AM

I think that's the 'older' version of WWI, where it says 'classic'
Gah, you're right.  I was looking at the new SC:WW2.  #:-)  Apologies! 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Ho? You mean floozy, as in Gaming Floozy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Well, it's the oldest profession and so must be connected with capitalism somehow...  ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I thought, 'Begging' was the oldest profession. Cause...somebody had to beg for it first before he paid.  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

For anyone still playing CKII or looking to fill out DLC, Steam has Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham for free.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/226667/Expansion__Crusader_Kings_II_Sons_of_Abraham/

Free to keep when you get it before Jan 27 @ 1:00pm. Some limitations apply.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

The newish Terminator game is on sale at Steam for 25% off and has reviews far better than I would have ever expected.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on January 25, 2020, 01:56:52 PM
The newish Terminator game is on sale at Steam for 25% off and has reviews far better than I would have ever expected.

I will honestly say i didn't know a new terminator game came out in the last decade or so.

In all honesty I would love a Deux Ex type game in the future Terminator universe. I think the combination of stealth and gunfire would play well.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

^That would be epic.

BTW I'm downloading the new Terminator game right now.

Because I am a gaming floozy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Greenmangaming has a Military Strategy Bundle for $7.99 that includes:

• Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet Edition
  • This War of Mine
  • Bomber Crew

and a Hearts of Iron Mystery Bundle that includes Hearts of Iron IV Cadet Edition + two mystery games.  This mystery bundle is just $2.99.

Hoi IV for $8 is not bad, but for $3 is a no brainer.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

FlickJax

Bought at release still not fired it up