New column: Tracer Rounds!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 04, 2016, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Same.  I think Deadwood's the only show on that list that I watched.

Staggerwing

I have not seen any of the shows on the list. I did, however, read the column. I also had a lot of loyalty to the company I used to work for, giving them lots of flexibility, subbing in far away locations when needed and doing much that was far outside of my job description. Then when I needed just a little bit of flexibility on their part (which I had been promised earlier by a past manager who had later been promoted away) they basically told me to get lost. so, after biding my time a while waiting for an opportunity,  I did just that.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Double Deuce

Like a few others the only show I recognize, and that's only the name, is Deadwoods. Never seen it though and haven't really watched TV for some time. Maybe a few shows here and there but that's about it. 

-budd-

Read the article, in fact read it twice, had to digest it a bit. First off sorry about the space your in, sounds fucked up and painful. Way to hang it out there though it had to feel a little bit freeing saying it out loud so to speak instead of it just rolling around in your head night and day. Some themes struck a chord with me. For some basic context I'm coming off a tough three year period of disappointment, illness and loss that I'm trying to find my way back from. Sometimes I think it might be better to be more oblivious and just float through life never having to worry about living up to any principles or ideals we set for ourselves, just ignorant to the damage we do to others. Ignorance apparently is never having to feel sorry, never having to contemplate how our actions might possibly damage someone before choosing said action. I don't know, sounds pretty good, you never see those people with an anguished look or catching them glancing around for a tall building. But fuck that, ideals and principles like loyalty, honesty, integrity are NOT trite ideas or antiquated,thats something bottom feeders say to drag you down. Do you really think you could let go of those traits, would you really want to? There the bedrock, there what guide you when everything goes to shit and they will pull you out... in time. One way streets suck and sometimes you get run over by something you never saw coming and sometimes it's just as simple as we made a bad bet. It isn't about being self righteous, or even about being right, it's about feeling right and I don't think giving up your principles or ideals is the way to feel right, but it might seem like the easy way out right now.  God knows I'm still trying to find my way clear. Ill tell you one thing I'm still heading for that light way out there at the end of the tunnel, with one pocket full of ideals the other filled with principles, ill meet you out there.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bayonetbrant

something totally different today
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 19, 2016, 06:20:19 PM
something totally different today

ohhh, you mean something witty, pithy, insightful and perhaps Pulitzer worthy????

:2funny:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Windigo on September 20, 2016, 02:31:45 PMohhh, you mean something witty, pithy, insightful and perhaps Pulitzer worthy????

You like me!  you really like me! :D
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 20, 2016, 02:40:48 PM
Quote from: Windigo on September 20, 2016, 02:31:45 PMohhh, you mean something witty, pithy, insightful and perhaps Pulitzer worthy????

You like me!  you really like me! :D

In truth the article was good analysis/reasoning... never really thought of them as hall of famers... then you put them into context with contemporaries....

please don't do the same on Kid Rock - I like disliking him and his Sweet Home Alabama rip-off
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

yep, back to Tracer Rounds...

bayonetbrant

Tracer Rounds reappears... on a Wednesday!

http://grogheads.com/featured-posts/16188

what do you buy, read, and/or play?