New column: Tracer Rounds!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 04, 2016, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

This week's column is about the C2E2.  What is that you ask?  Go read it!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 30, 2016, 12:20:01 PM
This week's column is about the C2E2.  What is that you ask?  Go read it!

FINE!   ....    ....   I will!
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

not sure I can get much more honest about things than I did today
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Silent Disapproval Robot

My most recent job finally drove the lesson about misplaced loyalty home into my thick noggin.  Certain situations just plain suck and people can get shitty when things get pear shaped.  My usual defence these days is to just disconnect. 

bayonetbrant

well, at least 3 people read it far enough to vote in the poll this week...     ::)

Pete Dero

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 06, 2016, 05:37:14 AM
well, at least 3 people read it far enough to vote in the poll this week...     ::)

Read far enough but didn't vote ...   I don't know any of the shows (maybe they were never shown here)

Rekim

Barthheart

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 06, 2016, 06:47:09 AM

Read far enough but didn't vote ...   I don't know any of the shows (maybe they were never shown here)

Ditto.. I've only heard of Deadwood but never watched it....  ???

Sir Slash

I read the column and also didn't vote. I didn't think any of the TV shows listed were that great. But the column was very pertinent and courageous at the same time. Being a nurse for many years, I can tell you all about flexibility. Flexibility is what's expected of you in order that it can generally be avoided by others. And rather than being recognized as positive working trait, it's mostly seen as weakness and lack of spine not to bitch until you get your way about things. This is a hard lesson to learn but once you do, it really helps to focus where and how much your Work-Related Loyality really should go. I never worried too much about doing things wrong unless I find myself doing the SAME things wrong over and over. My 2 cents.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on September 06, 2016, 06:51:09 AM

you guys gotta get out more

mirth

Good article, Brant. Any virtue has the potential of becoming a liability. We all need to find those lines in our own lives and work to not let our innate tendencies drag us down.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

And I couldn't see the damned poll to vote in it. Knowing Deadwood is a choice, that would be my vote.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 06, 2016, 10:23:23 AM

Seriously...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on September 06, 2016, 10:28:52 AM

Seriously...

Wouldn't "getting out more" lessen the time I have in front of the TV?  ???

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on September 06, 2016, 11:08:47 AM
Quote from: mirth on September 06, 2016, 10:28:52 AM

Seriously...

Wouldn't "getting out more" lessen the time I have in front of the TV?  ???

Oh suckit...

panzerde

Read the column, don't watch much TV so the poll was lost to me.

Having just dealt with a situation where I kept someone in a very critical spot in my company for at least two years after we should have parted ways, because I was loyal to him, I appreciated the column. What I can say is that after we did part ways, things got so much better for the company collectively and me individually that it's a night and day difference. Doesn't mean that taking that step wasn't tough, and that I didn't mourn, or that I bear this person any ill will. What I do know is that sometimes it's for the best to part company, despite how scary or tough it might seem. It's impossible to move on until you do.

Very tough to do. Life can get a lot better when it happens though.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres