Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 01, 2013, 03:46:07 AM
Partly - I'm a Scot - it's our god given right to hold a grudge! ;D

But apart from that, I never EVER got into DCS because it was or there was a chance of it going WWII. I've had enough of WWII sims over the years - I want modern day kit. The amount of weapons you can carry on modern day strike fighters is amazing. I don't want to go back to 300 bullets and a 500lb iron bomb  :(

I'm really, really not interested in WWII in DCS and I don't want to buy it to send them the signal it's ok...so I won't buy. On top of that, the company responsible for it totally ballsed up Battle of Britain II which was only changed in title when they realised in order to sell the shite they'd have to rename it because it had bugger all to do with the Battle of Britain.

It STILL makes me mad to think I saw them making 3D models of WWII army stuff and I was still looking at it through glossy glasses thinking they might still get round to making a Battle of Britain game!

I was an arse. I saw the signs and I still picked that bollox up...but not again. They won't get a single penny from me ever again.  >:(

Sorry - but I have a really bad hangover this morning and some things really still taste bad...and CLoD is one of them!

Lol, better sleep next time before you post! You're not making sense.

You never ever got into DCS because you wanted modern kit and not WW2. Well, it's only recently that ED announced partnership with Oleg/Ilya's crew in making the WW2 sim. (Ok, we had the P-51 too).
Before that it was all about modern kit! Flaming Cliffs is now a DCS module, so I am not sure what's not to like here?

Battle of Britain II was a different sim as far as I know of which Oleg and his crew had no ties. CloD was first dubbed Storm over Britain, or something similar.
And CLoD is now a pretty awesome sim with the Team Fusion 4.0 patch!

Sleep well, man! :P
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

I am knackered but I think you need some sleep too though dude - I made perfect sense ;D

I didn't buy DCS so I could fill it with WWII aircraft. I DID buy it for it's modern kit and will continue to buy their modern DLC and leave their WWII stuff alone. My statement on that was not confusing in the slightest.

I wasn't referring to Battle of Britain II (A2A Simulations I think) - a far superior sim in all but graphics. And "Storm Over Britain" was actually called Battle of Britain:Storm of War. They played on the BoB success and the fact the community wanted that - and gave them an empty, broken shell.

Yeah - I heard of Team Fusion in a post by JH. Thank god for the community (again!)

My beef is really with the company and how they a) promoted their game and really gave nothing remotely like what they were leading to b) Leaving the broken sim and making a new one c) going back to the Eastern Front

Buying into it early was my fault and I'm not blaming them for me wasting my money. But I do reserve the right to hold their tactics against them and not buy anymore of their products.

I'll give Team Fusion a look thanks.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 31, 2013, 03:15:25 AM
Hell will freeze over before I pledge to this....and you can take that to the bank undercovergeek!  ;D

lmao JD - ill give it a week  ;D

JudgeDredd

lol

I know - but I actually do mean it. I have no interest in WWII on DCS at all. I am desperately wanting and patiently waiting for the Mig-21  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 01, 2013, 06:06:37 AM

I know - but I actually do mean it. I have no interest in WWII on DCS at all. I am desperately wanting and patiently waiting for the Mig-21  ;D

Amen brotha.

Some days I wish we really did have a World War 3 just so we could avoid the WW2 contagion that seeps into everything.  If the DCS people didn't have to raise a finger to get the old stuff out, then I wouldn't care, but there is no way this detour will have no effect on their schedule.  >:(   Ahhh well.. at least they got FC3 out before jumping into the over-populated WWII pool with everyone else.

republic

I really wish they'd add more airframes with the Flaming Cliffs level of realism.  It'd REALLY like to do some Vietnam carrier ops with the DCS world realism.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: republic on November 01, 2013, 04:20:20 PM
I really wish they'd add more airframes with the Flaming Cliffs level of realism.  It'd REALLY like to do some Vietnam carrier ops with the DCS world realism.

+2

Perhaps there is still hope of that happening in the future since they've begun to break up the FC3 aircraft into individual sale packages.  If creating WW2 stuff doesn't get in the way first.  :P

Yskonyn

They development seems to be all over the place at the moment...

There are still annoying issues with A-10C, Multiplayer is still unstable, Nevada still isn't released and despite the announcement we haven't seen anything anymore about the F/A-18 module for ages anymore.
Yet they are also focusing on WW2, EDGE, Flaming CLiffs fidelity aircraft with updated flight models, supporting third party endeavors.

It's all a bit too much of everything if you ask me.
Updates are coming in slow as well.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

republic

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 02, 2013, 07:09:27 AM
Multiplayer is still unstable

You aren't kidding!  I've yet to play a single night without a server crash.  It always seems to crash after a long transit, just as I'm burning through someone's ECM...then "Server timed out"

It seems to be the fast movers that do it.  Servers that feature non Flaming Cliffs rides seem to be just fine.

Toonces

This is going to sound so pessimistic, but I've stopped waiting and hoping for DCS to fill my modern combat flight sim needs.

If it happens it happens, and if not it doesn't.  One could die from anticipation waiting for all the projects "in the works."
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Toonces on November 02, 2013, 01:21:19 PM
This is going to sound so pessimistic, but I've stopped waiting and hoping for DCS to fill my modern combat flight sim needs.

If it happens it happens, and if not it doesn't.  One could die from anticipation waiting for all the projects "in the works."
I'm still holding on for single player modern (historical and future) gameplay.

I'm not even too bothered about a dynamic campaign, though I'd love one - just so they provide good DLC, good missions and good editors I'll be happy.
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Quote from: Toonces on November 02, 2013, 01:21:19 PM

Despite the fact I am really digging the A-10C, I am seriously looking back to Falcon again. Plans for 2014 releases by the BMS team seem to have pretty cool stuff for the old lady! Pretty exciting. Mostly because I am fed up with a) the theatre of ops and b) the instability of mutiplayer with every darn new patch.
Doing the Teamspeak/TARS dance time and again is tiring.

If only I could find a decent Falcon Wing who are accomodating to irregular working schedules.

Nefaro

My last couple experiences with Falcon 4 mods haven't gone too well regarding software stability and oddities popping up.  I really want a good F-16 sim but I've given up on this old beast.

republic

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 02, 2013, 02:33:45 PM
If only I could find a decent Falcon Wing who are accomodating to irregular working schedules.

I've never understood this sort of thing.  Gaming communities of mature folks seeking other mature folks...but then they have unrealistic attendance requirements.  With a full time job, kids, school events...its impossible to commit to much more than 1 night a week.