The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Scratch that...Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is rather awesome, so I will continue with that and alternate between it and Endless Space 2 for now for my sci fi fix.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 10, 2018, 04:41:35 PM
Scratch that...Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is rather awesome, so I will continue with that and alternate between it and Endless Space 2 for now for my sci fi fix.

i enjoyed CoD: IW, too. Not sure why it received such critical reviews.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

How long did the SP campaign last you? I've read it's between 5-7 hours, but I am two hours in and feel more than halfway finished. Really well done, though.

I am also tinkering with Endless Space 2. About 5 or 6 turns in as the Vodyani (?) and barely know what I am doing - the game is just massive.

Also finally removed Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion from my machine - no matter what I have tried it has never run for me...only game of recent memory that I have had such issues with.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 12, 2018, 01:36:30 PM
How long did the SP campaign last you? I've read it's between 5-7 hours, but I am two hours in and feel more than halfway finished. Really well done, though.

I am also tinkering with Endless Space 2. About 5 or 6 turns in as the Vodyani (?) and barely know what I am doing - the game is just massive.

Also finally removed Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion from my machine - no matter what I have tried it has never run for me...only game of recent memory that I have had such issues with.

SP campaign was probably 8 to 9 hours for me.

Too bad about Sins, great game with some fantastic mods. There is a total conversion Halo mod that is to die for and a couple of great Star Wars mods too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

^I know...for whatever reason it has never worked, and it's always something different each time I start it. Endless Space 2 works flawlessly though so I'll just have to settle for that 😎

Also - House of the Dying Sun is on sale for 7.99 at Steam right now. I almost bought it over the weekend for 19.99...glad I waited and picked it up tonight.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on February 12, 2018, 10:21:04 PM
^I know...for whatever reason it has never worked, and it's always something different each time I start it. Endless Space 2 works flawlessly though so I'll just have to settle for that 😎

Also - House of the Dying Sun is on sale for 7.99 at Steam right now. I almost bought it over the weekend for 19.99...glad I waited and picked it up tonight.

I really struggled to get my controls working with House of the Dying Sun the way I like. i mean, REALLY struggled. Eventually I just threw in the towel and gave up. Looks like it could be a neat little space combat game, albeit somewhat linear. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

^Linear and short, like me. We'll see.

Haven't fired it up yet but will soon.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

X-Com 2 - might be time for a purchase.

Should I play and complete X-Com before moving to 2?
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Anyone play Strike Suit Zero? 50% off at Steam.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

lol. Didn't think it would work.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

Ratings on Metacritic are less than stellar. Perhaps I will finally get the (heavily discounted) ROF Ilya Muromets and Channel Islands packs and Wolfenstein 2.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd