SHELFIES!

Started by bayonetbrant, January 09, 2017, 06:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Show us your shelfies!

Updated shelfie, after consolidating wargames onto one bookshelf and moving euro/fantasy/adventure games elsewhere.
Stack of mags on lower left is mostly Battles, with some S&T mixed in.
Very bottom are old SPI folio games.
Top left are new DG and VPG Ziploc games, and upper right are some ATO mags, and my beta copies of the original Warfighter series and Orange Crush.
Actually moved a few others onto the shelf after this pic was taken - had left my original copy of the new Tank On Tank Westfront downstairs, and had 2-3 newer folio/bagged games (like Target Arnhem and the original Tank on Tank) found in piles of other games that were added to this.
Still putting all the RPG stuff and other board games on other shelves - that's probably 2x what's on this one.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

Funny timing- just yesterday I added two shelves to the front coat closet (that wasn't being used) because my other shelves were getting stuffed (yes, lots of ASL on those shelves  L:-) ).  These hold a lot of Plano's and other things that were just too much for regular bookshelves.

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Crossroads

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 09, 2017, 06:13:07 PM
Show us your shelfies!

Here's my humble little shelfie  O:-)

• Top shelf, with some AH classics, and the SPI's MechWar'77 and October War ziplocks.
  • Then, the LnL shelf, with a few select ziplock games there too.
  • Third shelf, a few MMP OCS games together with Golan, and S&T magazines in ziplocks.
  • Bottom shelf, some models I've started doing some ten years ago, and that are to be finished sometimes during the next twenty. And a Subbuteo tabletop set!

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bbmike

You guys with all of your fancy game tables and shelves.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Crossroads

Quote from: bbmike on January 10, 2017, 06:15:48 AM

Mine is an IKEA shelf, and not something for the elites only  :D

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

bbmike

Ha! No, the quality is fine. I'm just jealous that you have shelves to put them on.  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Crossroads

Quote from: bbmike on January 10, 2017, 07:40:59 AM
Ha! No, the quality is fine. I'm just jealous that you have shelves to put them on.  ;D

Stop being jealous then and go git you one. That's what I did  :)

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on January 10, 2017, 06:15:48 AM

;D

Yeah.  Mine are Industrial strength/size metal beasts. 

Crammed into dark corners and heaped to the ceiling.  >:D

Cyrano

Fuller now than when this was taken.

I have an illness, but regret nothing...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

^ Do you like Thunder Alley, Cyrano? I despite NASCAR but I do like racing games and admittedly the mechanics in this game look interesting.

Also Queens Gambit?!? You suck! :P

Cyrano

"Thunder Alley" wears its NASCAR very lightly.  Among other things there's not even a hint of official sponsorship which, frankly, I take as a mistake on NASCAR's part, but it's not my business.

The game is really about managing the draft, but the core mechanics are those invented a long time ago by, I believe, Dr. Knizia, viz.: "oh sure, YOU can move, but you'll be pulling others along for you as well, so choose carefully".  It's a great group game and I play it a fair amount.

If you find the left-turn-only business unbearable, there's a new Grand Prix version just released by GMT to which I cannot speak.

Yeah, I bought "Queen's Gambit" new in all the excitement leading up to Episode I and it's since been broadly acknowledged to be the only good thing to come from the movie.  It's one of my "any time, anywhere" games.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Cyrano on January 10, 2017, 10:16:15 AM
"Thunder Alley" wears its NASCAR very lightly.  Among other things there's not even a hint of official sponsorship which, frankly, I take as a mistake on NASCAR's part, but it's not my business.

If either of you want to chat with the designers for a future Tuesday Interview, lemme know and I'll hook you up.  Jeff & Carla are friends, and I played a handful of games with them back in Columbus at CABS.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

What I wouldn't give to get a all-nighter game of Line in the Sand going at Origins. Such a great underrated game... if you play with the full diplo rules that is.

My game group has played it a few times to great merriment and frustration of all. Think Diplomacy with tanks and planes.

Our last game resulted in a multi-side tie that drove one member to promise not play again for 10 years.... which is only 11 months from now... not that anyone is counting... >:D

Cyrano

I've since added "Red Storm Rising" and "Hunt for Red October".

For all their odd components, they really are great games.

JIm

Barthheart

I have Red Storm Rising but not Red October... was never able to find it.