Just ordered Warfighter Modern (all expansions) from NWS

Started by Swatter, December 15, 2016, 10:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatter

My first foray into solitaire boardgaming, wish me luck.

Cyrano

Though not the first game to bear that name...pity...it's an excellent solo game, but an even better drunken, high-fivin', bad-guy shootin', party game for the military gear lovers in your life.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Swatter

Barthheart

It's a blast to play Swatter. You won't be disappointed.
Like Jim says it's great solo or with a couple of beer fuelled buddies blasting away baddies.

BanzaiCat

Cyrano and Barth ain't lyin'. You'll have a great time with it.

Grim.Reaper

I bought warfighter ww2, my first jump into these games...but I just did the main game without expansions for now

Swatter

Barthheart

Usually pretty quick. It is a small, 1-2 person, outfit so they do get swamped sometimes.

Bison

Quote from: Swatter on December 16, 2016, 10:51:51 PM
Not sure how long shipping will take from NWS :-/

I've had mixed results over the years.  The last package took a couple of weeks to be shipped and arrive.

Grim.Reaper

I ordered mine on wedneday, and delivery is due this Monday using their default shipping.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 17, 2016, 04:35:05 AM

I ordered mine on wedneday, and delivery is due this Monday using their default shipping.

O0

Congrats on taking the plunge!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 17, 2016, 07:34:14 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 17, 2016, 04:35:05 AM

O0

Congrats on taking the plunge!

Looking forward to try ...if goes well, will invest in expansions.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 17, 2016, 07:46:18 AM

Looking forward to try ...if goes well, will invest in expansions.

I've wanted to pick up the Russian, LOLbrit, and Eastern Euro OpFor packs for awhile.  Never got around to pulling the trigger, however, even when they were on a small discount at CSI a year ago. 

Haven't been playing Warfighter often enough to justify it yet.  Plus I'm in the same situation with others (such as Shadowrun: Crossfire expansion).

BanzaiCat

Nef, I think you're referring to the modern version of Warfighter, not the WWII version, correct?

Best not to confuse the newcomers :)

Though that begs the question: what if a modern combat squad went through time and had to fight WWII soldiers? Or the other way around? I wonder if either system could be played together, though I admit not knowing as I've not played the modern version in a while.

Swatter