Wing Leader: Supremacy 1943-1945 Charging soon!

Started by Barthheart, October 30, 2016, 02:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacticalWargames

DennisS

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 02, 2016, 01:29:40 AM
ach....2 player  :'(

I have had good success in identifying which plane is advantaged, and giving them orders last. For the first, disadvantaged plane, I have the 3 best manuevers, which I give a 50-30-20% chance to occur. This gives a fair amount of uncertainty, and allows for decent solo play. Occasionally, this will allow for a reversal of the tactical situation.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Nefaro

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 15, 2016, 10:20:02 AM
Looks like shipping has started

Finally.

Was wondering if this was gonna start going out before the holiday.  Although, with the way shipping gets backed up, I don't necessarily expect it by then.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Nefaro on December 15, 2016, 04:16:17 PM

Finally.

Was wondering if this was gonna start going out before the holiday.  Although, with the way shipping gets backed up, I don't necessarily expect it by then.

I usually get P500s on my doorstep one to two weeks after they start shipping.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Nefaro

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 16, 2016, 10:13:32 AM

Finally.

Well.. I was charged three weeks ago or more.  Last one I got had arrived in about that much time, after being charged, so I figured it would be here soon.  But the shipping time still seems excessive from GMT's location to here.  Bounces around Commiefornia for almost a whole work week before making it out.  ::)

My corner trimmer thirsts for cardboard blood.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Nefaro on December 16, 2016, 03:03:57 PM
Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 16, 2016, 10:13:32 AM

Finally.

Well.. I was charged three weeks ago or more.  Last one I got had arrived in about that much time, after being charged, so I figured it would be here soon.  But the shipping time still seems excessive from GMT's location to here.  Bounces around Commiefornia for almost a whole work week before making it out.  ::)

My corner trimmer thirsts for cardboard blood.

When I started my P500 addiction I would get myself worked up into a "fret" about the "flash to bang time"; ie. the time from card charge to arrival at my doorstep.  But then the game arrived and all was forgiven. 

Right now I am waiting for Commands and Colors Napoleonics Epic Expansion, charged Sep 28; I think somehow I have managed to channel a Zen master...no sign of the "fret monster" yet.  Or maybe like someone in an unhealthy relationship I've just given up....:(
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Nefaro

I didn't fret about my last one showing up.  But it was a block game without too many stickers to put on. 

My theory is that I just want to get through punching & clipping the counters ASAP.  Knowing there is some prep work I need to do makes me a bit bonkers.  Even if it's not in my hands.  Punching counters sucks; I just want to be done with it quickly.   

Nefaro

Thought they were shipping this thing.  Haven't had a whiff of it being on the way yet. 

I guess GMT is probably severely backed up still.  They didn't even put up a holiday sale yet, did they?  The last newsletter mentioned they had to postpone their normal November one due to being backed up.  Not gonna happen this year?

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Nefaro on December 22, 2016, 11:58:59 AM
Thought they were shipping this thing.  Haven't had a whiff of it being on the way yet. 

I guess GMT is probably severely backed up still.  They didn't even put up a holiday sale yet, did they?  The last newsletter mentioned they had to postpone their normal November one due to being backed up.  Not gonna happen this year?

hmm...  I don't see anything yet either.  Usually I either get an email from GMT saying it has shipped, but more likely UPS let's me know it's on the way.  So my guess is late next week, or early after the New Year before it hits my doorstep.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Nefaro

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 22, 2016, 12:55:26 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 22, 2016, 11:58:59 AM

hmm...  I don't see anything yet either.  Usually I either get an email from GMT saying it has shipped, but more likely UPS let's me know it's on the way.  So my guess is late next week, or early after the New Year before it hits my doorstep.

I wondered because I've been having mine shipped via USPS lately & get email notifications at every stop.  Crickets thus far; hasn't been sent. 

Don't mind waiting longer.  But these pre-orders and kickstarters tend to show up all at once, in groups.  Then some of them get stashed away, for later prep, and fall down the to-do list.  Poor neglected things.  :-[

Yskonyn

I had my eye on the WL game for some time now and decided to pull the trigger. Luckily a gameshop in Germany has stock, so I can save quite a bit on shipping and handling.

While it looks to be great fun solo, I think I would enjoy playing one of you Grogheads via VASSAL even more! I think it will be delivered somewhere half Januari.

Anyone up for some VASSAL-ing around that time?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 23, 2016, 03:29:51 AM
I had my eye on the WL game for some time now and decided to pull the trigger. Luckily a gameshop in Germany has stock, so I can save quite a bit on shipping and handling.

While it looks to be great fun solo, I think I would enjoy playing one of you Grogheads via VASSAL even more! I think it will be delivered somewhere half Januari.

Anyone up for some VASSAL-ing around that time?

You guys already have it stocked... in Germany?   :wow:

Yskonyn

Heh, nah, Nef. Only the original game. The exp and the second game are preorder items. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 23, 2016, 11:05:33 AM
Heh, nah, Nef. Only the original game. The exp and the second game are preorder items. :)

Ohhhh.

I'm mental, because I still haven't played the first one.  Read the rules, clipped the counters, etc.  Just haven't set aside the time.  Was looking forward to the late war version much more, however.  That's my excuse.