DVG - B-17!!!

Started by DanVerssen, September 24, 2016, 11:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanVerssen

A promo video for B-17 Flying Fortress Leader!

https://youtu.be/DIj2z1eYZeE

DennisS

This got pushed off until February, I think.

When will the new Israeli leader game come out??

JudgeDredd

I love Dan's games - I do - but he needs to do a bit more for people.

By that I mean he often posts and then disappears. He never, ever (that I've seen) follows his threads up...he never checks in to see if anyone has any questions. It's like a one stop, fire off marketing strategy...almost like a digital spam posts.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're somehow posted automatically.

If I was running around marketing my product, I would definitely be checking in after a few days (wherever I posted) to see who had questions....at least once. It just goes to show you're paying attention to the people you're aiming your products at.
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's the same on the Kickstarter page.  A bunch of us backers have posted asking for any info on delivery but not one word from DVG.  Last thing was basically "Hey! Back our Israeli Air Force game too!"   Not impressed with the customer service so far.

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 13, 2016, 01:39:54 AM

By that I mean he often posts and then disappears. He never, ever (that I've seen) follows his threads up...he never checks in to see if anyone has any questions. It's like a one stop, fire off marketing strategy...almost like a digital spam posts.

If I was running around marketing my product, I would definitely be checking in after a few days (wherever I posted) to see who had questions....at least once. It just goes to show you're paying attention to the people you're aiming your products at.

I've seen you post questions before and wanted to drive down there and give you a big hug and whisper 'there's no one there JD, there's no one there'

When your last question was answered with

'Hiiiiiiiiiii, buy more of my games over here' I thought you would give up

MikeGER

it looks like beside a promo thread start he confines his activity to Facebook

expect a one hit wonder Sherman Tank leader kickstarter promo thread materialize here any hour   ^-^

personally i would have like to see the Huey Leader Game in the production queue first. 
or the next wave of Warfighter Modern goodies.

Sherman Tank ? that Tiger Games was IMHO already ...Meh! compared to outstanding TAL

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 13, 2016, 08:33:51 AM

I've seen you post questions before and wanted to drive down there and give you a big hug and whisper 'there's no one there JD, there's no one there'

When your last question was answered with

'Hiiiiiiiiiii, buy more of my games over here' I thought you would give up
I would've taken that hug  :hug:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: MikeGER on December 13, 2016, 10:18:10 AM
it looks like beside a promo thread start he confines his activity to Facebook

expect a one hit wonder Sherman Tank leader kickstarter promo thread materialize here any hour   ^-^

personally i would have like to see the Huey Leader Game in the production queue first. 
or the next wave of Warfighter Modern goodies.

Sherman Tank ? that Tiger Games was IMHO already ...Meh! compared to outstanding TAL
I'm sure I've got Huey Leader on Pre-order - paid £5 for it (and IAF).

Perhaps it's just not worth pre-ordering board games if they are nowhere to be seen. I mean - how did the shop that I pre-ordered for actually get the details when it's not even in the queue??  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

ArizonaTank

I love them too...but would really love them if he had more than just tepid support for Vassal. 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MikeGER

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 14, 2016, 01:15:17 AM

I love them too...but would really love them if he had more than just tepid support for Vassal.

ArizonaTank, if you happen to have that 'Tabletop Simulator' in you Steam library collection
there is a free user made module of Warfighter Modern (the whole shebang!) so you can play a little in that virtual environment also. 

I hope more DVG fan made stuff will show up there
(AFAIK DVG had sold their rights for Tabletop Simulator version of that game to Berserker-Games and they tolerate user made modules until they bring an official released version to buy from them on the market) 

GJK

I like Dan - I do - but he needs to do a bit (lot) more when developing his games.

Fixed it for you.  ;)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Silent Disapproval Robot

I pestered them via FB.  They posted an update on KS.  Game is now scheduled for a February release.

grumpyoldgamer

The Delivery date got pushed back to March (according to the KS page update by Dan).  :(

grumpyoldgamer

BTW, I posted the Single Bomber Mission Log Sheet/Rules and the B-17 Leader/Down in Flames Rules on the BGG site (files section).

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/188164/b-17-flying-fortress-leader 

Silent Disapproval Robot

The latest update is kind of a downer...

QuoteA Mess
Posted by Dan Verssen (Creator)

The past few weeks have been filled with bad news.

The plan was to have Tumbling Dice produce the minis, ship them to China, where the printer would insert the pre-bagged minis, stands, and magnets into the game boxes. Once that was done, China would ship me the games.

Seemed like a simple enough plan.

So, Tumbling Dice produced the minis. Yay!

Tumbling Dice shipped them to China, while the printer was printing the components. Yay!

The boxes of minis arrived in China and were stopped by customs for inspection. Not a big surprise.

Then the bad news.

Because the minis are considered toys, customs wanted "at least" $5000 in import taxes (roughly twice the value of the shipment) to "see about" allowing the minis into China.

The printer agreed that this was not a good option. So, they tried to send the boxes back to Tumbling Dice. Only to find out that because the boxes contain tiny 2mm and 3mm magnets, China would not approve them for air freight. So, they would have to be sent back to the UK via... ship. Which would take 6 to 8 weeks.

It appears, appears, that somehow the printer was able to get them back to the UK in a matter of days, not weeks. I will know more in the next few days. I'm not going to ask how they did it. At several times they mentioned making "special payments" for approval which I'm sure does not mean what some people might (incorrectly) guess it means. I'm thinking it's probably just a translation error. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Through all of this, Tumbling Dice and the printer have gone above and beyond to bring this all together and I appreciate everything they have done. Thank you!