Main Menu

Omega

Started by solops, August 27, 2015, 07:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

One of my all-time favorite games was "Omega". In the game you designed and programmed tanks that fought with the AI you had designed. Does anyone have an idea of where I could get a copy? I still have the game around somewhere, but it is on 5.25" floppies...and for Dos 3.3.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

tgb

I had it for my Atari ST.  I would love to see a modern version.

mikeck

That was the last game I bought for my C-64 in 1989.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

FarAway Sooner

I think it's now considered abandonware.  Posting links to abandonware is formally discouraged here, but the following link (which is NOT an abandonware site) might be useful in your search:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=omega+game

:)

DennisS

I own this, and have played this in the last year. It just doesn't work well with any modern operating system.

I used to create VERY elaborate sub-routines for my tanks, launching drones, etc. One of my all time favorite games. If you do end of getting another copy, please post how you managed to get it to run. I tried every iteration of DosBox, with their associated configurations, and the best I could do was for it to play briefly, and then lock up.

Cyrano

Given the wild popularity of RoboRally and OGRE I've been surprised that no one has taken up the mantle of re-launching this.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

jamus34

Depending if EA bought all of origin's catalogue I imagine they own the rights. Along with a bunch of other origin games if love to see picked up by GOG.
some games I'm looking/hoping for:
Roadwar 2000
Autoduel
Knights of legend
Bad blood (I think that is the name)
Mobieus (pretty sure SIC)
Insert witty comment here.

Nefaro

Did you guys ever play much Gratuitous Space Battles?  I dug the building and pre-battle planning in it.  Just wish the Campaign system DLC wasn't so blah.

jamus34

I did. Need to watch some vids on it though because I determined I suck at it.
Insert witty comment here.