Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by steve58, June 01, 2015, 12:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

Downloading it now. Thanks for the tips, Huw.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

I'm glad I held off installing Win 10. The more I learn about it, the less I like it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

that might have answered my question mirth

i was going to ask, seen as im still getting pestered by my desk top, is the concensus of opinion to hold off?

Huw the Poo

Well, you should always give it time to mature as a general rule anyway to be honest, regardless of OS.  Let the mugs do the beta testing for you!

mirth

Huw is correct. It's usually best to avoid being an early adopter of any new software.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

We've been using W10 for the last 3 weeks and no problems so far. It seems faster than W7 anyway.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on August 30, 2015, 03:52:19 PM
We've been using W10 for the last 3 weeks and no problems so far. It seems faster than W7 anyway.

You've also been missing fer the last three weeks so maybe it's not working as well as you think.....  ???

bob48

Quote from: Barthheart on August 30, 2015, 06:52:20 PM
Quote from: bob48 on August 30, 2015, 03:52:19 PM

You've also been missing fer the last three weeks so maybe it's not working as well as you think.....  ???

True. I'll also be missing again for a couple of days as we have to drive down to Birmingham tomorrow to see my mother who has been taken into hospital.

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

I hope your mom will be ok.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

She's 89 and has a few problems, so not sure what action we will be able to take. Living far away does not help in such situations either.

'Clip those corners'

bbmike

Quote from: bob48 on August 31, 2015, 06:37:52 AM
She's 89 and has a few problems, so not sure what action we will be able to take. Living far away does not help in such situations either.

Sorry to hear about your mom, Bob. I hope everything is ok.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

Thanks guys. Not much we can do about old age I guess.

<Meh, still cant do emotes with Win 10......BRANT!!!!!>

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on August 31, 2015, 09:13:06 AM
Thanks guys. Not much we can do about old age I guess.

<Meh, still cant do emotes with Win 10......BRANT!!!!!>

Can you copy-paste them from other peoples' posts, or from off-site?

Try copying these:   :knuppel2:  >:D  :crazy2:

or type these out by hand: 

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Freyland

Upgrading to Windows 10 put Bob's mom in the hospital!?  Not cool, Microsoft, not cool.