Main Menu

Man o War Corsair

Started by Boggit, April 19, 2016, 09:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

It's just released on early access.

Basically piracy on steroids in the Warhammer world... what's not to like.

I've only messed about with it for a little bit, and to be fair it deserves a decent play through. On my initial try I found long loading times on the PC, and quite jerky controls. I need to play it more, and check out the graphics to see if I can tweak them down a bit, as I was finding controls in a real time environment a bit hellish. I'm not too worried yet as the patches are flowing in already, so I think when it's due for release it will be quite polished.

I had another brief look at it tonight on the Mac, and it seems to run much better. That said my PC graphics card needs an upgrade, but will have to wait until I get a larger case.

The game has a great concept, and I think with a bit of perseverance will be a lot of fun. So far only a few ships, ports and races, but lots more are scheduled over the coming months. O0

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jameseviltwin

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. (I am one of the developers)

ArizonaTank

I took the plunge during "release week" based on some good reviews that I saw. 

While I have only played for an hour or so, I don't think this will be one of my "go to" games.  The sailing model and ship to ship combat is a little too arcade-like for me.  Boarding actions are OK so far.  The interaction in towns however is pretty lame.  Think a sparse, cut down version of the pre-release Mount and Blade.

I do like that you can change characters during combat...a nice touch.

I am certain some folks will enjoy it....but kind of lukewarm for me so far.  I'll play some more...maybe it will grow on me. 

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Hmm that is kind of disappointing. It's discounted by 40% if you sign up through the Total War website, BTW. Which is a little odd since it's not a Total War game. They are touting it as the naval companion to Warhammer TW.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Destraex on April 21, 2017, 09:38:17 AM
Is this like black wake?

I don't have direct experience with "Black Wake," but the game seems to have taken some play features from Mount & Blade.  So its kind of like "Blood & Gold: Caribbean!"

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

jomni

Interesting game.  It's getting some bashing for being "released" at this state though.