The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I bought it specifically on the recommendation that it's trying to be a direct update of MoM with Dominions functionality. Haven't played yet though.

(And to be fair, at this time Age of Wonders 3 with both DLC has finally taken the title of proper heir of Master of Magic, which arguably AoW:Shadow Magic shared with Dominions 3/4/5 each still differing in key ways.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mbar

Soma is being given away on https://www.gog.com/ for the next 44 hours.

WallysWorld

Quote from: mbar on December 28, 2018, 09:25:12 AM
Soma is being given away on https://www.gog.com/ for the next 44 hours.
Thanks for the tip. I just claimed the game. It looks like it has the same game play as the Penumbra and Amnesia series which were both great.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Huw the Poo

Soma is a bona fide masterpiece, and I don't say that lightly.

Tpek

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

I've seen some chatter here about Wars Across the World...but can't remember what the majority of you guys think of it. Anyone playing it? I've got the base game and some WWI era DLCs in my cart right now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2018, 08:13:54 PM
I've seen some chatter here about Wars Across the World...but can't remember what the majority of you guys think of it. Anyone playing it? I've got the base game and some WWI era DLCs in my cart right now.

So did you like it Gus?

Gusington

Haven't played it yet. Will get to it in the next few weeks.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FlickJax on January 08, 2019, 06:05:19 AM
Quote from: Gusington on December 28, 2018, 08:13:54 PM

So did you like it Gus?

The underlying game system is nice. However, the quality of the experience is largely dependent upon the actual scenario, as there is great variety among them.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FlickJax

Silent Disapproval Robot

Fanatical has some bundle sales going on right now for:

Battle Academy + DLC

Panzer Corps + DLC

Warhamer 40K:  Armageddon + DLC

Prices vary depending on how many DLC you add but they're cheap cheap cheap!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle

mbar

Thank you. I'm looking at that Armageddon bundle!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 11, 2019, 04:43:48 PM
Fanatical has some bundle sales going on right now for:

Battle Academy + DLC

Panzer Corps + DLC

Warhamer 40K:  Armageddon + DLC

Prices vary depending on how many DLC you add but they're cheap cheap cheap!

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle

a little tempted on panzer corp.....but if version 2 coming out this year, likely a waste i presume

MC

Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China Is free on UBISOFT until Feb 4th. I don't know if I will ever get around to playing it but it will definitely add to my hopeless backlog of stuff.