Main Menu

Hot for FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 15, 2018, 06:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 15, 2018, 06:53:38 AM
I love Van Halen. I met my first love when I was coming up to 17 in a pub drinking Pernod and Blackcurrant and Van Halen and Jump were on the big scree. That was 1983 and she was lovely.

O0

DL Roth Van Halen best Van Halen.   :bd:

JudgeDredd

Quote from: KyzBP on June 16, 2018, 09:05:35 AM
So after seeing the mention of Wreckfest in this thread I decide to check out the previews.  The game has my 9 year old son's name written all over it so I call him over to the computer and The conversation goes like this:
Dad: "I've got a game that you need to save your money for." 
Son (While watching the trailer on Steam): "That's pretty cool but why do I need to save my money?"
Dad: "Because it's $45 and if you want it you'll have to save for it."
Son: "Why can't I just play it on your account?"
Dad: "Huh?"
Son (Pointing at the screen): "You already own it."
Dad: "I don't think so. It just came out."
Son (Pointing at the screen again): Yep, right there. I'll just use your account.  Thanks Dad!  Now when can I have the computer?"

Apparently I bought this game in 2015, (Greenlight? Kickstarter?) and forgot all about it.  I can't imagine I paid $45 for it.

Playing OOTP 19, BATTLETECH, and...Wreckfest.  ;D

Happy Birthday Jarhead and O of OJ's Dad.
lol - but you didn't pay $45 for it. IIRC I bought it ages ago for something daft like £10 - it was really cheap so when I thought I'd burned my money (there was very little progress), I was like "Oh well".

So I'm pretty sure you got it cheap.  O0
Alba gu' brath

KyzBP

Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 16, 2018, 01:09:24 PM
Quote from: KyzBP on June 16, 2018, 09:05:35 AM
So after seeing the mention of Wreckfest in this thread I decide to check out the previews.  The game has my 9 year old son's name written all over it so I call him over to the computer and The conversation goes like this:
Dad: "I've got a game that you need to save your money for." 
Son (While watching the trailer on Steam): "That's pretty cool but why do I need to save my money?"
Dad: "Because it's $45 and if you want it you'll have to save for it."
Son: "Why can't I just play it on your account?"
Dad: "Huh?"
Son (Pointing at the screen): "You already own it."
Dad: "I don't think so. It just came out."
Son (Pointing at the screen again): Yep, right there. I'll just use your account.  Thanks Dad!  Now when can I have the computer?"

Apparently I bought this game in 2015, (Greenlight? Kickstarter?) and forgot all about it.  I can't imagine I paid $45 for it.

Playing OOTP 19, BATTLETECH, and...Wreckfest.  ;D

Happy Birthday Jarhead and O of OJ's Dad.
lol - but you didn't pay $45 for it. IIRC I bought it ages ago for something daft like £10 - it was really cheap so when I thought I'd burned my money (there was very little progress), I was like "Oh well".

So I'm pretty sure you got it cheap.  O0

Which is rare.  I usually spend $45 on $10 games.  O0

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

After a solid and enjoyable week of Rule the Waves, I am switching to Civ4 with the Caveman-to-Cosmos mod.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Hofstadter

I'm having a sleep study. It's four Am and I have not slept.

Kill me plz
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Staggerwing

I know just the thing...

Jason Pratt- now is the time to use your post composition powers for Good!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Hofstadter on June 17, 2018, 01:11:10 PM
I'm having a sleep study. It's four Am and I have not slept.

Kill me plz

I've had these too. They suck, but the whole point is to try and sleep. I think they even say no electronic devices after 2100, or something.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Hofstadter

I did man. For the last two hours before I went to sleep I studied Korean. The room was too bright, the covers weird, every probe in every place.

It was autistic overstimulated hell
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

airboy

At Origins.  Played a bunch of Cthulhu, tabletop, and got clobbered in Ogre.

Anguille

Happy B'day JH!  <:-)

Not much time to play games (kids, moving etc.) Played some Master of Orion CtS and Strategic Command pbem.