Strategic Command Classic competition

Started by Boggit, May 08, 2018, 03:41:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludi1867

I probably need a steam code (do not have the game on steam yet)

Boggit

Quote from: nelmsm on May 11, 2018, 04:35:22 PM
Okay I'll give it a go. I'll need a Steam key.
Check your PM. Good luck! :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: ludi1867 on May 11, 2018, 06:10:30 PM
I probably need a steam code (do not have the game on steam yet)
Check your PM. Good luck in the competition. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

6 Steam codes are left.

@JasonPratt, bbmike - are you in, and do you need a key?

bbmike

Sadly, no. Too much going on right now and Origins is only a month away!  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Yskonyn

I never played SC before but I am interested! I have some serious wargaming vibe going on lately on the tabletop and I have dived into TOAW 4 and CO2 seriously, so SC2 seems like a good fit and doing that in a tournament fashion is even more excitinf!

Can I get some prep time to get used to the game if I make it in?
About the return rate: do we need to finish the scenario in 5 days or do we return a turn every 5 days max, or 3 days preferably?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Boggit

Quote from: Cyrano on May 13, 2018, 01:24:03 PM
I'm in.

Hit me with a key please.
Cyrano, check your PM. Ignore the first one - as I sent you the one sent to Iudi1867 in error. I have since sent you a new code that should work for you.

Have fun!

Boggit

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 13, 2018, 02:43:18 PM
I never played SC before but I am interested! I have some serious wargaming vibe going on lately on the tabletop and I have dived into TOAW 4 and CO2 seriously, so SC2 seems like a good fit and doing that in a tournament fashion is even more excitinf!

Can I get some prep time to get used to the game if I make it in?
About the return rate: do we need to finish the scenario in 5 days or do we return a turn every 5 days max, or 3 days preferably?
I have four codes left, so I'm leaving the formal start till around this time next week to gain a few more players.

I've sent you a code, so by all means jump in and have a play around with it.

As to the return rate, I'm happy with what the consensus of players suggest. I think pushing out any of the larger scenarios will be a struggle in 5 days, and I don't want anyone stressing out over their games, so I hope we'll have a good idea of what people think is a reasonable time to complete their scenario over the next week, and we can loosely apply it +/- a few days if people are struggling to complete. This competition is about having fun, not worrying about getting finished too quick, hence I want to know what the players consider reasonable so we have a consensus before we start.

Boggit

Four codes left to go...

Flare to JasonPratt, Panzerde, as I think you'd like the game, and indeed anyone else who might like to join in.  :hug:

JasonPratt

Having just finished out one of my big mp games, sure, I'm in. :)

(One thing I had to do was ensure I don't already have SC classic in its original BF form, but I'm sure I don't -- I have WW1 Breakthru, which includes an updated version of SC Classic in effect, but that isn't the same thing. I've also got SCWW2, the new one, already.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

How are we going to choose smaller missions and sides?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Ethel the Frog

I would be interested in joining the Strategic Command game if it is not too late.  I don't own it on Steam, so will take a code, or can purchase. 

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 13, 2018, 10:05:21 PM
Having just finished out one of my big mp games, sure, I'm in. :)

(One thing I had to do was ensure I don't already have SC classic in its original BF form, but I'm sure I don't -- I have WW1 Breakthru, which includes an updated version of SC Classic in effect, but that isn't the same thing. I've also got SCWW2, the new one, already.)
No worries, you're in. Check your PM! :)

I have 3 Steam codes left now.

Boggit

Quote from: Ethel the Frog on May 15, 2018, 11:57:11 AM
I would be interested in joining the Strategic Command game if it is not too late.  I don't own it on Steam, so will take a code, or can purchase.
You're in. Check your PM for the code.  O0

2 codes left guys!  \m/