Order of Battle: Pacific has now an official release date

Started by Boggit, April 12, 2015, 09:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Slitherine Press Announcement - For immediate release

You Sank my Battleship!
Order of Battle: Pacific is coming on April 30, on PC
Epsom, UK - April 10, 2015.

"Our armament must be adequate to the needs, but our faith is not primarily in these machines of defense but in ourselves." (Chester W. Nimitz – US Fleet Admiral)

The Pacific Ocean: more than 160 million square kilometers of water. December 1941 - On one side the Imperial Japanese Navy with more than 400 ships and 1750 planes. On the other, the US Pacific Fleet with more than 200 vessels and hundreds of planes. An intense and merciless hide and seek game is about to start on the world's largest ocean!

In Order of Battle: Pacific, players will be able to take command of both nations in a dynamic series of campaigns for supremacy in this strategic Theater of Operations. Iconic battles will be featured, but the performance of the players will directly influence the course of each campaign. Only commanders who know how to effectively combine land, air and naval units will have the chance to plant their flag on the multiple Pacific Islands.

Order of Battle: Pacific has now an official release date, as the game will be available on April 30! Developer The Artistocrats are now working on the final details to ensure a safe and successful ceremonial ship launching, later this month.

In the meantime, the official trailer of the game, introducing the Theater of Operations and some of its iconic units has just been released alongside the official Steam page.
http://matrixgames.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=2e5c82d1bde1bba81847e9b09&id=293c725947&e=f05937f09c

Get more information on Order of Battle: Pacific from its official product page.
http://matrixgames.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2e5c82d1bde1bba81847e9b09&id=3a42fb8a00&e=f05937f09c

Note from Boggit:
When I saw this last year at HOW2014, I thought it was looking really good - and it's now been a further year in development
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

Thanks Boggit. Is a preorder option available at Matrix or Steam?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Adherbal

The game is now gold and 10 days from release :) To spice up the count-down we'll be releasing various videos and other content over the next few days.

Today starts with a short unit preview about the unique Type4 Ha-To 300mm mortar carrier.

Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2015, 10:40:25 AM

Preorder isn't available but Steam does have a wishlist option which I believe keeps you up to date on game news such as the pending release.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Steelgrave

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 20, 2015, 10:33:57 PM
Damn! Now that's a mortar.

Yes. But I'm concerned over some of its stats. For instance, it seems to have very low range with just one star. I'm not sure what measure of distance one star is considered in the game, but this weapon had a range of close to two miles. I would expect that to have more stars, again, without knowing what each star represents, or what measure of space a single hex represents.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Also I seem to recall it was terribly inaccurate. More of a terror weapon than an actual effective piece. But still I'm glad to see some unique units, as long as they don't get too unique.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 21, 2015, 09:45:45 AM
Also I seem to recall it was terribly inaccurate. More of a terror weapon than an actual effective piece. But still I'm glad to see some unique units, as long as they don't get too unique.

Haven't you seen the war dogs, flaming pigs, Amazonian warriors and screaming naked Celts?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Boggit

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 21, 2015, 10:37:31 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 21, 2015, 09:45:45 AM

Haven't you seen the war dogs, flaming pigs, Amazonian warriors and screaming naked Celts?
And that's just in the Australian unit list!!! ;)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: Gusington on April 12, 2015, 10:40:25 AM
I don't know. They have done it before though.

Sir Slash

I understand the Screaming Naked Celts only have a 6-8in. zone of control. ::) That's why they're screaming.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Boggit

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 21, 2015, 12:09:29 PM
Sorry - is this not just Panzer General 3D?
Sort of. It is closer to Panzer Korps. The developer Lukas Nijsten previously worked on Panzer Korps, Commander Great War etc. However, it does have its own distinct flavour, and isn't just a clone. When I first saw it about a year ago I was interested, as it had a lot more hidden depth than I was expecting. Originally, I wasn't expecting much more than PzGeneral 3-d, but after I'd seen it I thought it was worth following.