Main Menu

Star Citizen

Started by Jarhead0331, June 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

My mate sent me the link he got the info from. I have not watched it yet but will.
It is I agree probably the same old recycled information. Speculation and negativity.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Skoop

I actually was impressed with it, glad I tried it out in the free week.  I'm not actually interested in being a space fedex or space industrialist.  The game has huge potential though, I could only imaging space battles where capital ships are going at it with smaller fighters launching and dogfighting each other.  I definately see myself coming back to it once more military content is fleshed out. 

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Skoop on May 09, 2019, 10:36:08 AM
I actually was impressed with it, glad I tried it out in the free week.  I'm not actually interested in being a space fedex or space industrialist.  The game has huge potential though, I could only imaging space battles where capital ships are going at it with smaller fighters launching and dogfighting each other.  I definately see myself coming back to it once more military content is fleshed out.

You'll want to check out Squadron 42 for sure. That might be more your flavor than the PU, in general. However, SQ42 is not scheduled for beta release until sometime in 2020...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

In the worst case scenario, SC is already way, way, waaaaayyyy more complete than the Fyre Festival. So I already want to ignore that video.  :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 09, 2019, 11:28:27 AM
In the worst case scenario, SC is already way, way, waaaaayyyy more complete than the Fyre Festival. So I already want to ignore that video.  :buck2:

You-Rule Ja!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 09, 2019, 11:28:27 AM

i was going to post that last night, but then I got so annoyed I decided to just shut off the computer and go to sleep.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Pretty good reaction and response to the Forbes article...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

HCS Voicepacks (to be used with Voiceattack !)

Celeste is one of our best selling voice packs.  For a limited time, you can purchase Celeste, for Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen, with a £10 OFF code.

Use the code "FIVER" at checkout to reduce the cost from £14.99 to just £5. So go grab yourselves a bargain and put this awesome voice in your ship right now!

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Skoop on May 09, 2019, 10:36:08 AM... I definately see myself coming back to it once more military content is fleshed out.

Ditto.

Pete Dero

The Roberts Space Industries Website announces the latest free fly weekend is underway for Star Citizen. Here's word on the latest chance to sample this space game first announced a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away:

Star Citizen is a massive multiplayer space sim that puts you at the center of a limitless universe full of breathless adventure and harrowing encounters.

Experience the white-knuckle thrill of space combat, discover the majesty of alien worlds, interact with fascinating characters, and build a life in the year 2949.

To begin your adventure, you would normally pledge for one of our starter packages, which gets you a user-friendly ship and game access. For a limited time however, we're giving prospective Citizens the chance to explore the universe and test out some of the most popular ships for free.

So, what are you waiting for, rookie? Jump into the cockpit, fire it up, and start exploring.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/37-Free-Fly

Skoop

I'm diving in to the free week of star citizen.  After logging some serious hours in both x4 and elite, I keep coming back to star citizen because it's the only one that has fps combat.

Destraex

I need to give it another go. It's changed a lot recently?

bobarossa

How many days does it take to download the game?

Skoop

Downloading it myself as well, doesn't look like it'll take days so far.

Destraex

FREe weelend so might be some bottlenecks