Dominions 3 MP game [Running]

Started by Yskonyn, February 21, 2013, 06:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Last update: Apr 15th 2013

Delay: None

Host:PBEM Llamaserver.  (The Big Pretenders)
Map:Battlefields Battlefields.mapBattlefields.rgb
How Often on Turns: 24 hours quickhost to turn 20 (or requests), 48 hours from there, slow to 72 hours late game if necessary.
Number of Players: 5
Mods:  CBM 1.94 mod (if we agree) and I personally use the Streamers and Standards Mod (llamabeast version), Upgraded Sprites Mod  and the Community Sprites Mod.
You can download my modfolder from here: Mods Folder

Non-Standard Settings: Special Site freq. 45%, Hall of Fame entries 15, Renaming is allowed, No graphs, Independents 7
Victory Conditions: Last one standing
Diplomacy Policy: None; do as you wish, keeping in mind consequences in future games, as well as later in that game (if you stab someone early, any alliance later in that game is likely to prove less trustworthy). Trades should be fulfilled
Cheesy Tricks: New players won't know them and won't be ready for them. This is things like sending 50 bad items to someone right as they put up forge of the ancients to make them waste gems; using scouts to constantly siege someone's fortress; and there are probably a few others I historically read about but have since forgotten.

NATIONS (5/5)
My race: Caelum. (and no, I don't mind losing)
Huw: Ermor
undercovergeek: Niefelheim
Ubercat: Mictlan
JasonPratt:Arcosephale

Note: Please mind that this is supposed to be a newbie friendly game, so leave the stronger nations for the newbies and be so kind as to choose a weaker nation if you have enough experience with Dom 3. We should all be able to learn from eachother.

Note2: The hosting time limits are slightly indicative, but we are pressed to make them whenever possible. In other words; if you can't make the turn limit, be sure to post in this thread to let me know in advance so I can extend the time in the llamaserver.
Better yet is sending me an email, which you have gotten in a PM.
I have an irregular working schedule with stops abroad sometimes, so I might put in the odd request for a few more hours/days as well. I hope we can all be flexible about this. If not, then please say so up front.

Note3: (By Lung Drago) As this is a newbie game I optimistically do not expect to meet problems regarding using of exploits that I stumbled upon reading on these forums. But just for the record, I dislike such behavior. Stay fair, people. If you cannot swallow a defeat, then you will be a newbie forever. In spirit of my previous sentence, please do not go AI after a single major battle lost
I will keep this fist post updated with status changes and info as it comes through.

Note4: Remember to keep an eye on the turn interval. I will update changes in interval in this thread.
Be sure to report EARLY if you will not be able to send in a turn in time.
WE CANNOT USE THE ROLLBACK FEATURE! Due to possible savegame corruption.

(Thanks to 3V4JKZ2 for the above format  )

Note 5:
If we do go vanilla I recommend to go for Worthy Heroes too (included in CBM already) to make recruiting Hero's better balanced for all nations.

Note 6:
I want to put a very good project into the spotlight made by a player called momfreak.
Mod Inspector

This webpage enables you to select some mods that you will be using for the game and then display accurate information about all the spells and items in the game.
You can also view the stock vanilla game data with this webpage.
Super handy as reference.

[/b]Note 7:[/b] When the game is setup you will all need to send your pretender to Llamaserver.
You can send your pretender file as an attachment to: (Put in the name of the game in the title, leave the body empty)

pretenders@llamaserver.net

You can find your pretender file in your Dominions 3\savegames\newlords folder.
it has a file format <era>_<nation>_0.2h

It will overwrite and old pretenders for the same era/nation.

After all the pretenders have been sent in the game can be kicked off and you will receive your turns in the mail.
Just send your turn back to turns@llamaserver.net (probably just reply to sender)

Only send in the .2h file. The .trn file is only sent by Llama to YOU.

For a FAQ on Llamaserver go here
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

I am definitely up for this, although I don't know the game at all yet so I hope you don't mind playing against an utter noob.  Would love to see more people join in too though!

Ubercat

I'm in. CBM and improved sprite mods sounds good. I suggest EA on the Cradle of Dominion map.

I call Mictlan!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Nefaro

I've not got terribly far on my learning curve yet.  I certainly have no experience with the CB Mod.  But I'd still like to jump in. 

What 'Age' are we gonna play in?  Early?  Mid?  That kinda helps balance out the levels of magic and heavy armor/weapons, so I'd rather pick one than use a mod to jumble them all together.

Yskonyn

Early or Mid is fine with me.
Uber suggested EA, so let's go with Early.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Huw the Poo

None of this makes any difference to me since I'm clueless anyway.  Whatever y'all go with will be fine with me.

undercovergeek

you guys going to post some shots and details?

Huw the Poo

undercovergeek

lol, id love to - i used to have the game when it was a proper 'order form the US, pay the import duties and tax £80 monster' - sadly recycled on Ebay after a year or 2 - good game, great even but didnt know you bunch of reprobates at the time and got bored of SP

Huw the Poo

Huw the Poo

Come on, buy it this weekend and get in on the multiplayer PBEM epicness!  I'll let you win!

undercovergeek

hmmmmmmm - how does the PBEM work? send your turn to all other participants?

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 01, 2013, 03:51:38 PM
hmmmmmmm - how does the PBEM work? send your turn to all other participants?

Don't know.  Looks like you can host a game on the Llamaserver and Yskonyn says he can do that.

I love PBEM; we get to play with our transatlantic cousins and not have to worry about time zones! \o/

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

Quote from: undercovergeek on March 01, 2013, 04:58:07 PM
tempt me some more!

Well you could always read the manual while sat on the bog!  Anyway, I need a fellow Brit in there with me to fend off the imperialist menace from the USA!  Not that I know for sure that Yskonyn, Nefaro and Ubercat are American of course, but they must be because everyone on the internet is.  We must taunt them while we recruit stealth ninja armies to storm their awful disease-ridden provinces, and casty mighty spells of smiting!  And stuff.

There's always the feature list:

Quote* Many monsters (1500+) and many many special abilities.
* Over 60 different nations to choose from, varying from Marignon with paladins, witch hunters and inquisitors to under water nations like the Lovecraft inspired R'lyeh.
* Three Eras to play in, Early era is most magic and the late era is more technologically advanced with good steel weapons and armors.
* Design your pretender god and how his dominion influences provinces and his sacred units.
* Multiplayer with simultaneous turns (up to 23 players).
* Network or Play by E-Mail for multiplayer.
* AI opponents for single- or multiplayer game.
* Random maps.
* An extensive magic system with over 600 spells.
* Blood magic, power your rituals with human sacrifices.
* Global ritual that affect the entire world.
* More than 300 magic items.
* Unique magic artifacts that all players compete for, once forged no one else can make it.
* Mercenaries are bought on a global market.
* Scouts, Assassins, Spies, Seducers, Corruptors, Werewolves, Illusionists and more can be sneaking in your provinces.
* Build Castles, Temples and Labs.
* Permanent battle afflictions.
* A 300 page pdf manual including a tutorial and a spell and magic item reference.
* Easy to Mod (2d graphics)
* Playable on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.