Decades Feeder Bracket - 1984 Final 8

Started by MetalDog, August 15, 2017, 06:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

With the exception of RATT, I got all the higher seeds right.  Looking at them now, and the matchups they are in this Round, I can't help but think, "This is a great bunch of songs!"  I am genuinely interested in how this turns out.  There were a few blowouts in the Round of 16 along with some very close calls.  I was especially glad to see how close many of them were.  Anyways, have at!  And thanks for voting!!

The 1/8

The 4/5

The 3/6

The 2/10

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Damn. Hate both the 1/8. Could go with either of the rest.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Staggerwing

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

OJsDad

He'd be smoking a cigarette and smiling in bed if he'd been violated by MD  <:-)
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Hey now! Don't lump me in with the Soo-Wee Banjo Underground that romps around here! I still have class.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Pete Dero

Please post the link to song n° 8 : Material Girl - Madheadonna

I'm sure it is better than this Madonna thing.

MetalDog

Somewhere on The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, it sounds like Peter Gabriel says, 'madheadonna.'  When Madonna came out, Pete's made up word came back to me and I have called her that ever since.