Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on March 01, 2018, 08:17:38 PM
I can hear the Thin Lizzy.  There's a little Uriah Heep in there, too.

It's not what you're expecting when you see the name "Svartanatt" - which reads like a sound effect from a Norwegian translation of an old Batman episode.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

All your hard rock are belong to Scandinavia.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

^  ;D

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 01, 2018, 08:34:13 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on March 01, 2018, 08:17:38 PM
I can hear the Thin Lizzy.  There's a little Uriah Heep in there, too.

It's not what you're expecting when you see the name "Svartanatt" - which reads like a sound effect from a Norwegian translation of an old Batman episode.

I was thinking that, too. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Ya, Sverige, actually.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 01, 2018, 12:18:58 PM
holy crap!

[yt]https://youtu.be/KyvxHL5hLfE[/yt]

This song kinda took me by surprise, wasn't expecting to like it, but then found myself rocking and singing along to it.... So I guess I did like it after all :) liked the other two mash ups as well.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Staggerwing

Yo La Tengo, alive and, well...

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

dunno if this is here somewhere or not already

[yt]https://youtu.be/ylZKZ0cAlCE[/yt]

Emeraldlis

^^Ooh... Nice song BB  O0

More rock... Hell yeah!
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

bayonetbrant

Arctic Blast

Thursday night's concert lineup :

Note to self : standing 5 rows back of the speaker stack is not the smartest place to be.  :o :uglystupid2: ;D

Huw the Poo

Nice to see In This Moment here!  I cottoned onto them with the release of the single Blood.  I instantly fell in love with Maria and bought the band's entire discography.  Fantastic stuff, the lot of it.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 31, 2018, 08:06:44 PM
Nice to see In This Moment here!  I cottoned onto them with the release of the single Blood.  I instantly fell in love with Maria and bought the band's entire discography.  Fantastic stuff, the lot of it.

I highly recommend seeing them live if you get the chance. It's a show. Lots of visual stuff, lights, video, everyone all done up like some weird cross between Hell and Mad Max...it's a spectacle. And they REALLY play well live.