Sherlock Consulting Detective back in Stock

Started by PanzersEast, April 02, 2015, 08:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

Cool Stuff Inc. has it back in stock so I snatched one up...... it has been out of print for a while and around $100 usd while out of stock... dang leaches.

PE

Silent Disapproval Robot

I owned that one back in my pre-PC gaming days.  I lined it but I couldn't get anyone in my group to play it after our first attempt.  I think people were enjoying the case and we ended up going through 20 or more locations in the investigation book before we were ready to solve it.  When we checked our score and found that we were expected to solve it in 4 locations, all interest evaporated.

PanzersEast

Believe it or not, I am going to try to play this with my wife.  She has zero interest in games, sports etc.... but she tolerates me spending money and talking about them.  I thought this would be a great way for us to game together.

PE

bbmike

Quote from: PanzersEast on April 02, 2015, 11:25:48 AM
Believe it or not, I am going to try to play this with my wife.  She has zero interest in games, sports etc.... but she tolerates me spending money and talking about them.  I thought this would be a great way for us to game together.

PE

Let me know how that goes. My wife is mildly interested in board games. I got her to play Robinson Crusoe Adventures on the Cursed Island and she loved it.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Silent Disapproval Robot

From what I can recall, the cases are very tough.  I'd say just ignore trying to "beat" Sherlock and solve the cases at your own pace.

GJK

Quote from: bbmike on April 02, 2015, 11:33:12 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on April 02, 2015, 11:25:48 AM

PE

Let me know how that goes. My wife is mildly interested in board games. I got her to play Robinson Crusoe Adventures on the Cursed Island and she loved it.

I'd be interested to hear how that goes as well.  My gf doesn't care for sports (but will sit at a baseball game with me) and has very little interest in boardgames other than monopoly or rummikub or the like.

We did try a game of Pandemic (with my son) and that went so-so.  She stood in the kitchen and cooked dinner and would give us her next move when it was her turn so it didn't hold her interest very much.  Sherlock *might* if it doesn't make her feel "stupid" during the game play.  I know that's one pet peeve of hers; feeling stupid for making a "less than desirable" move despite my reassurances that I do that in *every* game that I play.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer