Main Menu

Come and Go FRIDAY

Started by Tuna, November 10, 2017, 06:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Weekend is finally here, it's always too short, but time to enjoy it while you can.

Will probably be hacking around in my three new games again..  FOG II, Bomber Crew and Strategic Command:.. All this Rome II talk is giving me a hankering to start up a new campaign in that as well.

Jarhead0331

More Falcon BMS, WH40k Sanctus Reach and maybe some ARMA 3 to prepare for the next DLC scheduled for realease on 11/30.

A very happy 242nd birthday to the Marine Corps and a happy Veteran's Day to all.

S/F
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

ACW Minis gaming all day Saturday. Destiny 2 on Xbox One the rest of the time. Maybe some Cold Waters too.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 10, 2017, 06:31:20 AM
A very happy 242nd birthday to the Marine Corps and a happy Veteran's Day to all.

+1
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Ogre and a few other board games. I've been spending a bit of time on Divinity: Original Sin enhanced edition - never got that far in the game before (never more than an hour or so); now over the last couple of weeks I've managed to put 10 hours into it. Want to unbox First Martians and This War Of Mine, too, plus possibly some Colonial Twilight.

I pray that this is NOT the weekend I have to unbox/pull all the Christmas shit out. I hate decorating, because that'll be my entire weekend gone in a puff of smoke. :(

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 10, 2017, 06:31:20 AM

+2

spelk

I'm desperate to get going with the wargaming stuff again, FoGII sat waiting for me to push some ancient armies about, but when I get time spare, I'm always dipping into Warframe/Battlefield 1/(shiny indie bauble on Steam or console) instead.

I've been fawning over the SSG games screenshots lately, but I can't see me ever installing those bad boys again and try to decipher their gaudy magical interfaces.

Looking forward to seeing what TOAW4 brings to the table though.

Dammit Carl!

Back Stateside and in-processing, so I'm just getting used to good food again, tbh. But if gaming happens, I've got all the Wargaming titles to monkey around with.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 10, 2017, 06:53:30 AM
I pray that this is NOT the weekend I have to unbox/pull all the Christmas shit out. I hate decorating, because that'll be my entire weekend gone in a puff of smoke. :(

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Christmas in Houston...truly magical.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

It's fucking stupid to put Christmas decorations up in shorts.  >:(

joram

Still waiting for Christmas got FOG2 but other than that, saw a complex carrier game on the iPad and might try it out time permitting. 

JasonPratt

Quote from: joram on November 10, 2017, 08:27:31 AM
a complex carrier game on the iPad

I know what those words mean individually, but I can't understand them in that configuration.  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: joram on November 10, 2017, 08:27:31 AM
Still waiting for Christmas got FOG2 but other than that, saw a complex carrier game on the iPad and might try it out time permitting.

You're not talking about Carrier Deck, are you? I really enjoy it, but wouldn't classify it as complex unfortunately.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

^ There's a game called Carrier Battles on iOS, and it's quite complicated. I've owned it a while but haven't had time to dive deep into it. Perhaps that is the one?

JasonPratt

So, this weekend, aside from being back to working overtime after my small vacation out of town last weekend...

1.) Work on the AAR for DC:Blitz Turn 11.

2.) Work on DC:Blitz Turn 12, if I discover that's back.

3.) Keep up with the epic Fire in the Lake game which the Crisis Grogs have got going.

4.) Already started production on the video AAR for that game, too.

5.) I'm in a multiplayer game of Twilight Struggle (which may end up being another AAR, not sure). I forgot its existence for 2/3 of my allotted gametime on it, so I'm a bit teeth-gnashing over whether I'll have enough gametime left to even try winning!

6.) Yskonyn's multiplayer Red Thunder mission is waiting to continue after the first shot was fired on turn 2. It should be amazing, but I may have to put one of my other mp games to bed first to make room for this one.

7.) Theoretically, I'd like to start Ghost Recon: Wildlands at last, but that seems unlikely.

8.) Which reminds me that a couple of weeks ago I finally started the new Telltale Batman game sequel (the promotional art for which unreasonably compares itself to the classic BTAS series, despite the game going aggressively out of its way not to resemble.) I should resurrect the thread for the first game and add some impressions; but I doubt I'll get to episode 2 this weekend, although I do want to.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

joram

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 10, 2017, 08:39:48 AM
^ There's a game called Carrier Battles on iOS, and it's quite complicated. I've owned it a while but haven't had time to dive deep into it. Perhaps that is the one?

Yes that's the one.  Didn't have it in front of me but it looks to be a pretty detailed board game in the iPad.