Games running well with touchscreen on an 8 inch Windows 8 tablet?

Started by Anguille, October 10, 2015, 04:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Just ordered an Iconia W3 (running windows 8 ) to have a highly mobile device for windows games. Considering the shrinking time i have for gaming with 3 kids, i was looking for something that i can fire up fast.

Before i try and install too many games, i am wondering if you guys know classic games (GOG etc) that run well with touchscreen. I think that Birth of the Federation runs ok and will try that but would like to hear more (i think that the W3 isn't powerful enough for CIV V that does have a touchscreen option but i may try it with low resolution). What about CIV 3, Port Royal, Caesar III or Unity of Command? Thanks.

It's got a:  Display size/resolution   8.1-inch, 1,280x800 touch screen

Jarhead0331

I run a lot of classic games on my surface pro 3. I have Star Wars rebellion, master of Orion 3 and civ3 all running fine.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

Thanks. But do you play them just with the screen or with a mouse/trackpad? I am really looking for games that i can play with just the touchscreen.

Staggerwing

The biggest problem I have with many older Windows programs and games on a Win8.1/Win10 touchscreen is that many of the drop down menus and groups of close-set clickable points are too small for my finger, casing me to hit the wrong item. I find that a stylus is a must for those programs.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on October 10, 2015, 09:59:04 AM
Thanks. But do you play them just with the screen or with a mouse/trackpad? I am really looking for games that i can play with just the touchscreen.

Most games i use a combination of touchscreen and trackpad and keyboard.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

I didn't get the Windows tablet i wanted (second-hand) because it had a defect. So i got an Acer Iconia W510 (10 inch) with 64GB which is a tab bigger but nice enough for the go.

Going make a new thread for Windows games using only touch (as for tablet).

Bison