Battlegrounds RPG works as a file attachment in 'The Keep 2.0'

Started by gameleaper, August 15, 2016, 09:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on August 16, 2016, 04:32:05 PM
^ Yes, I was hoping it would run inside The Keep 2.0 but what you posted above works good enough. Thanks!
Did you buy the RPG version and the Game Engine or just the RPG version? I'm really interested in both now.  :D

I bought the RPG version, I believe it suited to RPGs like GM stuff vs Player  Stuff etc... I think the BGE version is like a posh boardgame stuff. you can still add boardgames to the RPG version - there are some on the battlegrounds site for free and there good too.

If you play solo you will only need a GM licence and you get an extra free, so you can run on a second drive for prep work, but its a full GM version no difference, I run my USB version on different computers. The GM version also can be used as a player version when connecting to other GMs.

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on August 16, 2016, 04:32:05 PM
^ Yes, I was hoping it would run inside The Keep 2.0 but what you posted above works good enough. Thanks!
Did you buy the RPG version and the Game Engine or just the RPG version? I'm really interested in both now.  :D

Oh no you got me thinking I need BGE now :) its a good job I'm cash broke, or Id be struggling with buying it :)

gameleaper

gameleaper

This is what Ive learned, the install is tied to the hard drive , or USB you activate it on, but you can install as many times as you need on the same Hard drive. you get a second GM licence for prep work with the RPG version, you just need to ask for it. the BGBGE seems to be compatable with BGRPG , but some differences, I can guess if you wanted to play solo RPGs or boardgames it would be ok, and at $15 its worth it. it seems very similar like a cut down RPG version that dosnt have multiplay RPG as its main function. I may be wrong about things but I think all is right. I'm happy I bought the RPG version, I definatley would recommend it.

bbmike

What do you mean by "you get a second GM licence for prep work with the RPG version, you just need to ask for it"? Is that so you can install on another computer as well?
I've downloaded both demos and are trying them. Close to buying them both.  :))
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on August 17, 2016, 05:36:10 AM
What do you mean by "you get a second GM licence for prep work with the RPG version, you just need to ask for it"? Is that so you can install on another computer as well?
I've downloaded both demos and are trying them. Close to buying them both.  :))

When you buy a GM licence you get to install on one hard drive as many times as you like this could be a USB drive or a PC, even a Mac. then you can use your USB stick on any PC you like but only while you use that USB drive. All you have to do is email support for battlegrounds and ask for your free GM license for Prep work for free, but its a full GM version to install on a second drive like a USB, so you have two separate installed drives activated. the GM version is ok for solo play but if you want players to connect you have to add floating liceses , but players can buy them themselves or you can buy later, the GM prep version wont have floating Licenses.

But bb, I think If your playing solo RPG I'd go for BGE $15 , I think you could get away with RPGs solo, I'm not sure but that's what it looks like, but I don't have BGE, so how it would work I don't know, I'm trying to save you $s, but I'm happy with my purchase and would buy it again if I didn't have it.

gameleaper

to say it clearer, you can play solo with a GM client for BGRPG (you can add multiplayer licenses to the GM client ,if you want, but you don't have to for solo play), and then you can ask for your free second GM license that allows you to install on a different machine and play solo (but it given you for prep work with no floating licence for multiplayer).

You can install each GM licence as many times as you like on one USB, and you can do the same with your free GM licence on a second USB.

BGE version is a separate program to RPG and has multiplayer as standard, so you don't need player licenses.

I believe BGE will have the ability to play RPGs solo, but I'm not sure, the demos you have are what you will get as full licence with extras so you know better than me, I'd like to know what different myself.

bbmike

I think it would be best to get the RPG version since it sounds like it can do everything. It's just the terminology that is different. If I'm reading the site correctly you can still create/play wargames, boardgames, card games, dice games, etc. with the RPG version.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on August 17, 2016, 07:41:06 AM
I think it would be best to get the RPG version since it sounds like it can do everything. It's just the terminology that is different. If I'm reading the site correctly you can still create/play wargames, boardgames, card games, dice games, etc. with the RPG version.

it may be things like charts or GM vs Player Types, I watched a video tutorial on BGE and I didn't see much different, I would buy RPG if I wanted to play RPGs, but for $15 it may of been a test to see if it was all that was needed.

gameleaper

bbmike

Ok, I bought it. Just waiting for them to mail the code.  :D
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Wooohee , its a good tool to play , I got the 10000000s of free dunjinni png addons from http://dundjinni.danielcpryor.com/archives/ scroll down the page for the zips rather than the volume exe files

I just dropped them into the symbols folder, but the folders can be only one deep or they wont show in BGRPG.

something to do while you wait

gameleaper

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on August 18, 2016, 10:49:15 AM
Ok, I bought it. Just waiting for them to mail the code.  :D

make sure your installed on a USB to get the challenge code , or use your free version on the USB.

bbmike

Got it working finally. There was an issue with the license but Hernan helped me fix it. Amazing, great support!!!
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak