Battlegrounds RPG works as a file attachment in 'The Keep 2.0'

Started by gameleaper, August 15, 2016, 09:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Battlegrounds RPG works as a file attachment in 'The Keep 2.0'  BGRPG is a great VTT for RPGs and with the Keep to do the other stuff its a great add-on ,A big bonus I have is the ASL card game 'Up Front' is a free game with BGRPG, and boy its the best card game I've ever seen especially on the BGRPG lovely table and cards , when we find treasure its great.

gameleaper

bb , BGRPG works off the USB too :) so The Keep just got a lot better for play now, all the char sheet in the keep, all the table in BGRPG.

gameleaper

it has a free demo BGRPG to try, and the demo can be used to play in games where the GM has a floating licence too. I'm not trying to suggest opening your wallet just try the demo, its great as a GM with The Keep.

http://battlegroundsgames.com/

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on August 15, 2016, 10:26:46 AM
Thanks, I'll look at this later today!

You have to send a code to battlegrounds then input the answer once only to activate, but you get a free extra GM version when you do, the demo dosnt need to be activated until you want. but what struck me was how much improvement it was with the keep.

gameleaper

you can make fresh installs on the same Drive, and no internet connection is needed to activate, just a code snippet , then input the answer. I keep telling you about this because its really good to look at. I shall say no more

bbmike

I've looked at it and it does look interesting but I can't seem to run it from within The Keep.  ???
If you can run this in a window within The Keep I can see where it might be very useful indeed.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on August 16, 2016, 12:28:04 PM
I've looked at it and it does look interesting but I can't seem to run it from within The Keep.  ???
If you can run this in a window within The Keep I can see where it might be very useful indeed.

In the Keep, goto program preferencies, and check the option for external file refrences, this allows external programs instead of it adding the single exe to the keep, then right click on one of your assets in the keep eg:New Text Entry. or a root location and select "New Child / File Attachment" and locate in explorer Battlegrounds exe file, then the startup runs just like fractal mapper all the time from the entry in the list

bbmike

Cool, thanks! It works but is there a way to run it inside Battlesgrounds like Fractal Mapper does?
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

I have win10 taskbar at the bottom so I just switch back and forth, but I shall have a look for running inside battlegrounds now

gameleaper

Here what I found so far I will keep looking

Toggle Fullscreen Mode
Select this command from the BG button's popup menu to enter Fullscreen Mode.
For best results, prior to launching BRPG, you should edit BRPG's INI file
("Battlegrounds RPG Edition.INI") in a word processor such as NotePad or
TextEdit. Edit the line which reads "FullScreen=0" to read "FullScreen=1". This
manual tweaking is necessary due to a technical limitation of BRPG's authoring
environment.
Reverse the above edit to the INI file when you no longer wish to run BRPG in
Fullscreen Mode.

"Preferred Panel Location" affects where on your screen most panels in BRPG will
open. An exception to this are the panels that appear when you place a unit on
the map. These will always open on the left side of your screen if you are placing
a unit on the right side of the screen, and vice-versa, so as not to get in your
way.

Licensing BRPG
The free Demo of BRPG has two important limitations. The first is a 45-minute
timeout period (the application will automatically quit after 45 minutes of use).
The second is that the GM is limited to a maximum of 12 units when saving or
loading Encounters. Aside from those limitations, the free Demo is nearly as fullfeatured
as a licensed client.
There are a couple of other minor limitations to be aware of:
• You cannot save a Deployment file without a GM Client license.
• You cannot export a Media Asset Bundle without a GM Client license.
• You cannot create a custom card deck for the Card Table without a GM Client
license.

gameleaper

Quote from: bbmike on August 16, 2016, 02:42:48 PM
Cool, thanks! It works but is there a way to run it inside Battlesgrounds like Fractal Mapper does?

You got me puzzled now, what are you describing? I run the Keep and then run Battlegrounds from the Keep Menu, I do the same with Fractal Mapper, I cant see upto now if fractal mapper has any connection to the keep , maybe you will have to manualy install some maps into a folder in battlegrounds, You could use 2 copies of maps one in the keep on in battlegrounds so both programs show the map but I'm shooting in the dark here.

gameleaper

best fix I can think of if I'm understanding you, is to resize the window on BGRPG so its on your right and resize The Keep so its on your left then both programs can be visible all the time, you can overlap to and click which one you want and still see the other

but I find taskbar does ok at flipping them.

gameleaper

yep works just find drag both windows smaller on the same screen, and both co-work well, you have to drag map with rightclick and drag as you normaly . I think helping you here as given me a better setup so thankyou again for your gamers second sight :)

bbmike

^ Yes, I was hoping it would run inside The Keep 2.0 but what you posted above works good enough. Thanks!
Did you buy the RPG version and the Game Engine or just the RPG version? I'm really interested in both now.  :D
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak