Total War: Warhammer II Disgust

Started by solops, November 18, 2018, 12:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solops

I have been having a jolly time playing Vampire Counts in WH2 with the new DLC. I made it to turn 253 when the game began freezing at exactly the same spot during End Turn processing even when I restarted it. I even backed up a turn, changed my actions, graphic settings and mods, turned off antivirus, the works.  Frozen.

All that time wasted. I am disgusted. I posted the required report and files to CA, not that that ever helps. they are like an information Black Hole....one of the worst companies ever at handling PR.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

jomni

I think it happened to me in Shogun 2.

solops

Quote from: Destraex on November 18, 2018, 04:40:48 PM
You had mods on?

Yeah. They worked fine for 253 turns. I backed up a few turns, turned all of the mods off and played forward. The game still froze in exactly the same spot a few turns later on turn 253 - when the dwarf Belegar Ironbottom (or something like that) finished his move.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Nefaro

I had this happen on a recent Total War game.   Pretty sure it was a Rome 2 campaign.

Fortunately I have a habit of rotating two different manual saves, along with my quick save slot.  My quick save reload kept doing the same thing on the same turn processing, on the same AI faction movement/wotnot.   My older save, from only a couple turns prior, loaded and ran just fine thankfully.  Whatever I did slightly different un-fukt the AI turn processing that kept getting stuck on the later save.

TL;DR:

Occasionally do an alternating manual save.  I name them (name)1 and (name)2 and save over the oldest one every few turns.   

Gusington

I do the same, but rotate three manual saves.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 19, 2018, 06:42:10 PM
I do the same, but rotate three manual saves.

That's like "double baggin it".

Gusington

That's one of the more frightening things you have typed on these boards.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's actually a very good idea. I never thought of it. Thank you.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 20, 2018, 01:35:18 PM
That's one of the more frightening things you have typed on these boards.

More saves, less syphilitic brain malfunctions for TW.

Gusington

Syphillis is no joke. A...friend told me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on November 21, 2018, 06:08:49 PM
Syphillis is no joke. A...friend told me.

Your friend... a sailor?  Or a French prostitute?

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd