Savage Worlds Adventure Edition on Kickstarter

Started by Double Deuce, October 16, 2018, 05:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

For anyone that plays or is interested in Savage Worlds, the new version was launched on Kickstarter today.

Nefaro

I like SW but sweet baby jesus raptor! 

$50 for a 192 page core book?  Too pricey for my backing.  I'll just wait until they're going for 60% of that price after retail release.   :-" 

Besides.. most of the themes they announced are the same ones they already have.  I kinda feel bad for those who pumped the big money into the Savage Worlds Rifts version a couple-three years ago, as it looks like that one is getting a rehash.  Short shelf life, there.   #:-)

Dunno.. did PEG ever really need overpriced Kickstarters to publish the current version of SW?  My *sigh* reaction is at elevated levels.  Got the feeling this is one of the bad sides of KS.

Nefaro

Don't take my bitchin the wrong way, DD.  I'm glad you posted about it.  I didn't know it was happening.   :)

Double Deuce

Quote from: Nefaro on October 17, 2018, 03:30:18 AM
Don't take my bitchin the wrong way, DD.  I'm glad you posted about it.  I didn't know it was happening.   :)

No worries. I have had the original paperback for many years now and only spent $10 for that so my investment has been really minimal so far. I'm guessing most of the 'backers' are long time supporters looking to finally get a good quality hardback as well as support Shane and the gang. I know I won't be going all in, no need for all the extras, at least for me, but the hardback is a definite want, that and the World Builder's Guide.

Maybe it'll finally entice me to put my Fantasy Grounds copy of SW to work instead of just thinking about  doing it.  :coolsmiley: