Southwest Flight Makes Emergency Landing In Philadelphia

Started by DoctorQuest, April 17, 2018, 02:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Greybriar

According to this:

Quote....A crew member on the plane reported to air traffic controllers that a piece of the plane was missing and "someone went out", AP reported....

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

OJsDad

I fly Southwest when I travel for work and usually sit in the emergency exit row on the port side of the plane.  The row I sit only has 2 seats, aisle and middle.  I'm usually in the middle one.  From the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like the row that had the broken window. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Quote from: OJsDad on April 17, 2018, 06:22:48 PM
I fly Southwest when I travel for work and usually sit in the emergency exit row on the port side of the plane.  The row I sit only has 2 seats, aisle and middle.  I'm usually in the middle one.  From the pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like the row that had the broken window.

Southwest has a very good safety record so I wonder if the engine ingested a foreign object dense enough during flight to damage multiple turbine blades and severely imbalance the engine, causing it to tear itself apart.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

ABC said the same thing happened to another Southwest flight a couple of years ago.  NTSB hasn't determined what caused that engine to come apart either. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.