The Incredibles 2

Started by mirth, February 15, 2018, 12:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Dammit Carl!

Sir Slash

I thought there had already been an Incredibles 2? I'll have to ask my grandkids.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

mirth

jamus34

Yes...finally a movie I can take the whole family too...
Insert witty comment here.

Staggerwing

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 13, 2018, 01:46:13 PM
I thought there had already been an Incredibles 2? I'll have to ask my grandkids.

The Underminer was the main antagonist in the Incredibles Video game on the PS2 console.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Slightly undead thread arise!

Comedy gold first 1:17.  O0

Oh, and yes it starts with the Underminer.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

DoctorQuest

Quote from: jamus34 on April 13, 2018, 08:03:33 PM
Yes...finally a movie I can take the whole family too...

+1!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

jamus34

Surprised no one talking about this one. Great family movie and there's a 2 min scene that will have you rolling on the floor laughing.

May not be quite as good as the first but it's a great film.
Insert witty comment here.

Steelgrave

Took my grandsons to see it Friday and I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it every bit as much as they did.  :bd:

JasonPratt

Somewhat spoilery, but a thoughtful critique (from a mostly humorous reviewer).

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

mirth

JasonPratt

Saw it this afternoon with Bro and the girls. I know people think the villain's plan was self-contradictory, but.... wait, let me put up a spoiler here.

Is this the spoiler tag? Uh, no, apparently not.

[spoiler]How about this? {previewing} There we go. I see the villain's plan as being partly based on resentment against her brother who was dead set on getting this done, and she resented supers so much ideologically that (in true super-villain fashion) she decided she would enjoy messing them up even more than they already were. So it wasn't simply a case of, why bother helping them get legal if she wanted them illegal anyway? Her brother was going to be pushing for that, she could either help or not, but she helped in a way that would eventually make it highly unlikely, or even impossible, that anyone would try again to do what her brother wanted.[/spoiler]

So, I was more impressed with the story coherency than some reviewers have been. But, that being said, at no time did I even once think that this film existed for any reason other than a cash grab. Consequently, it felt reeeaaallllllyyyyy weird to see the cast and crew addressing the audience before the film, trying to pretend that it took 14 years to get a sequel because they were working so hard on it, and wanted to do a sequel proper justice. My eyes kind of goggled at that whole wanky performance.

(Which was instantly ruined by putting the wanky performance before the traditional Pixar pre-film short, like, okay, here's the sequel, here it is, thanks for waiting so long for it, annnnnnnnd, now! -- opps, no, here's this literal nightmare story of a sentient dumpling, ha ha.)

But the girls loved it, and I thought it could have been a lot worse, even if it wasn't quite on the same level of genius as film one (and its crazy hidden backstory buried in the plot details). Not a bad film at all, I'll probably buy a copy eventually. Compared to... ..... literally everything else I've watched this year so far, tops by far.  O0