Movies Turning 30 This Year

Started by OJsDad, January 22, 2018, 08:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Damn- A Fish called Wanda? Say it isn't so!

WTF?
QuoteMYSTIC PIZZA
Come for a young Julia Roberts, stay for the more interesting and heartbreaking storylines led by Lili Taylor and Annabeth Gish in this coming-of-age drama set in the fictional seaside Connecticut town of Mystic

Eh? It's an effing real place! I know, I've been there many times! Hel, even Toonces has been there!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

That, "Ernest Saves Christmas" was VERY under rated. Hollywood snobs!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 22, 2018, 09:00:26 PM
Damn- A Fish called Wanda? Say it isn't so!

Sigh. I saw that in a theater. Such a good movie.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Yeah it was. And good ol' Samuel L. Jackson has a cameo in it.

Gusington

I saw License to Drive in a theater with an actual girl!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I did not, but I did watch that movie way more times than I should have on cable.

BanzaiCat

I liked Young Guns II much more than the first one, but it wasn't bad at all.

I think I've seen all those movies except for Mystic Pizza.

Gusington

I was 14 so it wasn't a date...that was a couple of years later for Total Recall. My dad drove me and my date Sandy to see it. Sandy turned out to be a royal bitch! Total Recall stands the test of time, though :)

I have not seen Mystic Pizza either, or Heathers.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Heathers is very good. Probably better to have watched it back then when your high school years were fresher in your mind, but it should still entertain you highly. Check it out if you get a chance. It's a little weird but it was dark comedy, to be sure.

Saw Total Recall in the theater, too. I re-watched that one just a month or so ago. The old one, not that new shite.

mirth

I thought Mystic Pizza was dreck.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I'm not big on Julia Roberts. Wasn't then, not now. I think she's highly overrated.

The movie might be decent, but nah, I'm good.