PROMETHEUS script floating around answers a lot of plot questions...

Started by JasonPratt, January 22, 2018, 01:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

-
Quote from: mirth on January 22, 2018, 07:17:14 PM
I read the one where the Aliens show up on Earth and we nuke Jakarta before we're forced off world. One of the Steve Perry books I think. Been a long time.

Yeah...those characters should've been gone - knowing how he made 'em feel

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 22, 2018, 01:39:14 PM
I suspect Scott/Lindelof's actual plot was more insane and made less sense.

So, pretty much like any holy scriptures from any religion nowadays?

Jeepers, wrong thread. My bad!  O:-)

Staggerwing

Quote from: BanzaiCat on January 22, 2018, 07:34:41 PM
-
Quote from: mirth on January 22, 2018, 07:17:14 PM
I read the one where the Aliens show up on Earth and we nuke Jakarta before we're forced off world. One of the Steve Perry books I think. Been a long time.

Yeah...those characters should've been gone - knowing how he made 'em feel

Badum-tish.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 22, 2018, 07:20:29 PM
so what I got from all this was this:

Except without the resurrection (because then the Engineers wouldn't want to black goo the planet so much, apparently).

Other than that, sure, that's the gist of it. But really the Jesus side is pretty minor other than being an excuse to save the world at the end of Prometheus. And since that part of the plot was totally obscured, it doesn't even count as a plot excuse to put the world in peril. (Perhaps relatedly, Lindelof or his occasional collaborator JJ Abrams, wryly remarks in an interview somewhere that once you spend a certain amount of money on a film or TV project, it has to be about saving the world. The context was Lost.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

I could as easily have interpreted the Earth creation scene as just another Engineer experiment.  Possibly another sort of bio-weapon experiment, or maybe some kind of planet seeding or food growing one.

Either way, it's obvious they thought they screwed it up and needed to start from scratch again.  Once they saw what the food they left in the fridge so long had turned into.  ;D