concerts this year

Started by CptHowdy, January 19, 2018, 02:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptHowdy

getting tickets to see black label society and judas priest. BLS is happening in 10 days!! JP will be in march. sadly missed metallica in baltimore this past year. anyone else going to see some live shows this year? would love to hit one of the many festivals in europe but thats not happening any time soon.

jamus34

Not much for me. Going to see Eric Steckle in April.

Beyond that nothing planned. Might try to see Trans-Siberian next winter with the two older kids.
Insert witty comment here.

bayonetbrant

Hoping to take the kids to TSO this year

Going to try to find a Seven Nations show when they come to NC

Seriously trying to figure out how to pull off the HangOut Festival down in Alabama in April

The Revivalists have come thru the past 2 years, so hoping they make it a third.
Might try for Tedeschi Trucks again this summer, too.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

trailrunner

No definite concerts planned yet, but we usually go to the Birchmere a couple of times a year.  That's a small local place that gets good acts that are no longer popular enough to fill up a stadium.

There's also a local theater that gets some pretty good national-level talent.  We're going to see their Patsy Cline musical in the spring.

DoctorQuest

We almost always hit the Fourth of July concert/fireworks show here. They always bring in a couple of bands, some local, some sort of big names. (Last year was Kool & The Gang, previous year was Kenny Loggins.)

The crowd can be a pain but we plan for that. The fireworks are always a national outfit and are always good.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

bayonetbrant

Just found out that Blackberry Smoke is going to be in town in May.  That one might make the list :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tuna

Went to Dead and Company last month with my boys, and Tedeschi Trucks with my wife, enjoyed both shows!.. Nothing planned in the future so far.

MetalDog

May be light on the concerts for a while.  Time/money/venue proximity will probably put a damper on it.  But I am always on the lookout for stuff I am dying to see.  Zappa Plays Zappa would top the list.  DMB is next.  Not sure there's anybody I would have to see beyond that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

CptHowdy

Quote from: MetalDog on January 19, 2018, 11:39:45 PM
May be light on the concerts for a while.  Time/money/venue proximity will probably put a damper on it.  But I am always on the lookout for stuff I am dying to see.  Zappa Plays Zappa would top the list.  DMB is next.  Not sure there's anybody I would have to see beyond that.

not even https://www.bonjovi.com/tour   \m/

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on January 19, 2018, 11:39:45 PMNot sure there's anybody I would have to see beyond that.

If I make it down there for the HangOut festival, you better come with us :)

MetalDog

Quote from: CptHowdy on January 20, 2018, 12:25:52 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 19, 2018, 11:39:45 PM

not even https://www.bonjovi.com/tour   \m/

You, sir, are a mean man :P

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2018, 06:44:39 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on January 19, 2018, 11:39:45 PMNot sure there's anybody I would have to see beyond that.

If I make it down there for the HangOut festival, you better come with us :)

As much of a good time as that sounds, I just don't see it happening.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

CptHowdy

Black Label show was great.  just added Buckcherry to my list. 2 days before priest so hope my hearing doesnt suffer to much. my wallet is going to take a pounding though  \m/

bayonetbrant

Quote from: CptHowdy on January 31, 2018, 04:19:00 AM
Black Label show was great. 

Was Corrosion of Conformity opening?

They just played together here on Sunday, and I wish I could've gone b/c I haven't seen COC in almost 20 years.  They're the hometown heroes around here

BanzaiCat

Just saw an announcement for Steel Panther playing here in a few months. Hmmm...perhaps.

CptHowdy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 31, 2018, 07:32:17 AM
Quote from: CptHowdy on January 31, 2018, 04:19:00 AM
Black Label show was great. 

Was Corrosion of Conformity opening?

They just played together here on Sunday, and I wish I could've gone b/c I haven't seen COC in almost 20 years.  They're the hometown heroes around here

a band called red fang opened up then CoC. I had never heard CoC before but thought they were great as well. overall a great hard rock show and it was cheap except for the merchandise i bought!!!