Campaign Series Middle East 2.0 will be released tomorrow

Started by Crossroads, January 17, 2018, 12:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kludger

Thanks for the updates/enhancements, downloading 2.0 now  :bd:

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Here's the latest about the 2.0 release:

• 50% discount is available until Jan 25
  • I got a confirmation the remastered install is included both with Digital Download, and in the boxed version DVD

Have a great weekend everyone, it's already started in these parts of the world!

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

irsetup.exe threw a flag on Avast, which sent it to the security chest, even though I created an exception for it.

Update: well, apparently it didn't go to the security chest after all, or I could give more information. Nor does it seem to be in the exception list...  ???
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

berto

At the Matrix Forum, many people reporting Avast issues.  See for example here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4421405

The fix seems to be deactivating Avast during both the download and the install.  That usually does the trick.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Rayfer

Quote from: berto on January 20, 2018, 11:20:37 AM
At the Matrix Forum, many people reporting Avast issues.  See for example here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4421405

The fix seems to be deactivating Avast during both the download and the install.  That usually does the trick.

My Norton flagged as questionable but allowed me the option to download it, which I did with no issues. If you're like me and didn't own the game before the 2.0 release, when you download it don't download the older version first and then upgrade it to 2.0. Select the core game option and download 2.0 directly from there. At least that's what I had to do.

berto

Quote from: Rayfer on January 20, 2018, 11:24:20 AM

My Norton flagged as questionable but allowed me the option to download it, which I did with no issues. If you're like me and didn't own the game before the 2.0 release, when you download it don't download the older version first and then upgrade it to 2.0. Select the core game option and download 2.0 directly from there. At least that's what I had to do.

CSME 2.0 is a fully re-mastered game; it is not a "mere" update.  CSME 2.0 is definitely not supposed to be applied as a patch to CSME 1.0*.  In fact, if you are an owner of the earlier version(s) (you say you aren't), it is required that you uninstall the previous version, then install the 2.0 version as if a brand new game.

I think you have interpreted and done things right.  Good luck in any case.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Rayfer

Quote from: berto on January 20, 2018, 11:28:54 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on January 20, 2018, 11:24:20 AM

CSME 2.0 is a fully re-mastered game; it is not a "mere" update.  CSME 2.0 is definitely not supposed to be applied as a patch to CSME 1.0*.  In fact, if you are an owner of the earlier version(s) (you say you aren't), it is required that you uninstall the previous version, then install the 2.0 version as if a brand new game.

I think you have interpreted and done things right.  Good luck in any case.

Game works fine, and I like it. The problem arose when I got the purchase confirmation with a link that said click here to install.  It installed the old version, so went and did the upgrade which didn't work. Your forums had the solution...I did an uninstall and just installed the 2.0 directly.  All is good!

Con

Just wanted to say I have really been enjoying the new game and the look is especially nice and clean.  Even with the mods it was a tight eyestrain for me to play the previous version but now it scrolls effortlessly through the different map views with the middle mouse button.  I am no longer hunting down and squinting at units to to try and figure out what they are or how many aps they have left via the thermometers.  Kudos to you and now to see if the Brits can hold off the Libyan counter attack at Sirte

Con

-budd-

I have Avast also, creating the exception worked for me on CSME, but doesn't always. If i have a problem with either download or install i turn it off and download install and turn it back on after. Started a few months ago throwing up flags for irsetup.exe, i sent the file the first time it happened to their lab thing, came back clean, as expected.

Thanks again for all the work on the update.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Crossroads

bump - Matrix Games' 50% discount on this is ending today. 

Quote from: Crossroads on January 19, 2018, 10:25:52 AM
Here's the latest about the 2.0 release:

• 50% discount is available until Jan 25
  • I got a confirmation the remastered install is included both with Digital Download, and in the boxed version DVD

Have a great weekend everyone, it's already started in these parts of the world!

MikeGER

Got it :)   ...at the last day of discount, Phew

also as a little fire support for the upcoming Vietnam game of the series in development O0

how is that going, is there an estimated release month in sight ? 

Crossroads

Quote from: MikeGER on January 25, 2018, 07:39:34 AM
Got it :)   ...at the last day of discount, Phew

also as a little fire support for the upcoming Vietnam game of the series in development O0

how is that going, is there an estimated release month in sight ?

Thank you for your support, Mike  :)

CS Vietnam is getting along nicely. We are hoping to release towards the end of summer, but of course we'd need to have a proper release slot agreed with Matrix Games too.

MikeGER

this game really has become a little gem  O0

i like it and cant wait for the Vietnam version  :D

...found time to play my first real scenario
(after some time with the tutorial on choppers and also some familiarisation time spend on the "The long road home" scenario to find the map display setting that suiting me most)   

(it looks sharper on my screen. i guess its the pic compression of the hoster, and i play with a enforced 125% setting executing the application to get the unit list on the right side displayed a little bigger which also takes away a little sharpness, but not as much as in the screenshot   
...i wish there would be a setting for a bigger size of the unit list in-game, then i could go back to 100% for the map and the UI )

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus