Walmart Closes 63 Sam's Club Stores

Started by BanzaiCat, January 11, 2018, 07:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailrunner

When the supermarkets introduced the self-serve checkout lanes, I always thought that if they want us to use them, then they should give us some incentive, even if it's only a 0.5 percent discount.  Otherwise, why is it in our interest to do their work for them?  I guess they are making it in our interest by having fewer full-serve checkout aisles, so they get backed up, and then the self-serve lanes are attractive because they will take less time.

OJsDad

I've never minded the self checkouts.  Just wish my wife could figure out that you have to put the item in the bag before scanning the next item.   :tickedoff:
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

This may be the most Seinfeld thread ever on Grogheads.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Any of you have Amazons Prime credit card.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I also don't care for the Wal-Mart Self Check-Out though the machines are sometimes smarter than the employees at the regular check-outs. And the Self Check-Outs require almost a many people to run them to help the customers that can't figure out how they work. The thing I don't like is when the machine tells me I put something in the wrong spot and so I end-up cradling everything in my arms trying the scan the next item and the damned machine refuses to do it until I put the thing in the 'Bag Section'. I like to go there and watch people argue with the machines, or go from one machine to another thinking it will be friendlier. If all else fails they kneel down in front of the machine like they're praying to it and appeal to the Great God Wal-Mart for Mercy and their change. Better than some Cable Shows.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 15, 2018, 12:06:51 PM
I also don't care for the Wal-Mart Self Check-Out though the machines are sometimes smarter than the employees at the regular check-outs. And the Self Check-Outs require almost a many people to run them to help the customers that can't figure out how they work. The thing I don't like is when the machine tells me I put something in the wrong spot and so I end-up cradling everything in my arms trying the scan the next item and the damned machine refuses to do it until I put the thing in the 'Bag Section'. I like to go there and watch people argue with the machines, or go from one machine to another thinking it will be friendlier. If all else fails they kneel down in front of the machine like they're praying to it and appeal to the Great God Wal-Mart for Mercy and their change. Better than some Cable Shows.  :2funny:

I'm delighted I read this - thanks.

I'm relieved I've never seen it in person.  I'd probably start laughing uncontrollably and get beat up.