"Feeling Old" 2018 Edition

Started by bayonetbrant, January 03, 2018, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Well do I remember the first time I called a girl and her dad picked up.  I had never met the man and was frightened to death to ask for her.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Hot Wheels cars turned 50 on Jan. 4th....  :P

Gusington

BC your tale of terror reminds me of what my father in law, dad to four girls, used to do when callers of all types would call his house to look for one of them.

"Is [one of your pretty, buxom daughters] there?"

"Yes."

Dad then hangs up phone. Every time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

In September it will be 33 years of marriage and 38 together for us.

Sir Slash

Very good airboy.  O0  You're an inspiration to us all.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

em2nought

My mother asked me if I wanted one of her nitro tabs to take on my vacation.  I thought the better of telling her that I'd only need one of those if I was to continue to be around her for another month.   :DD
Stolen elections have consequences.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

35 years ago, Fraggle Rock hit the air
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Seriously?  You missed out, brother.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Yeah! The dozers and the Shambling Mound.  \m/

BanzaiCat

Dude, Fraggle Rock was AWESOME.

And it's REAL!

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Was that a show about 'Pet Rocks'? Because the one I had died.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Fraggle Rock was awesome, I think I have seen most of them.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd